LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of Echo highlights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 11:16am
Nice fish as usual Danny. You never miss out on your lures.
whipit
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 11:14am
Cheers guys.

Graeme they may be noxious but they are fun and absolutely delicious.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 4:11pm
Danny Nice lot of of trout captures during hard fishing times. 

No doubt about it at the moment down deep is the go.

On shore is very tough , three on the fly last two nights between 5 and 6 inches.

My partners in crime could even  muster a hit or a capture during the same fishing time.

We need a big blow or some heavy rain to turn things around.

Regards John

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 8:36pm
Thanks John.

We were lucky I think. One other boat reported a small rainbow and there was one fellow cleaning a browny near the ramp. That was it from other anglers as far as I know, and we saw 8-10 boats out. There was a lot of talk of Tassies etc and I saw cowbells out on other boats, but no one was trolling anything small and deep. I was surprised at their trolling speeds too. Most boats had the bow mounts stowed and were pushing along very quickly with the outboards well past idle. Interesting, however it must have worked for them in the past.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 2:05pm
Sel, as requested here's a photo of a solid browny taken on the baby Merrit at Eucumbene yesterday afternoon.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 2:42pm
Bright colours and bold markings at the moment .

Nice fish Danny ,down deep as well

I am  amazed at some of the boats travelling speeds myself. 

Regards John
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 6:40pm
G'day John.

Almost all fish in the last three trips have been taken in 5m+ of water. They absolutely crunched that Echo in the picture. I was running a light baitcaster outfit on a relatively short leash, and that Merrit was still scraping the mud in 5-6 metres. It was great to see the rod consistently buckle over.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 6:46pm
Thanks Danny, that's an awesome result all over.. thats some trout...
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 4:58pm
Been a while since I've added to this thred, so here's a trip I did yesterday arvo. We drove down to the top of the Clyde River and launched in very skinny Aussie bass territory. I think we actually started too far up the system, as half of our fishing time was spent carrying the kayaks over logs, miniature waterfalls and across ridges to the next bend. There was no way to see this on google earth as there was dense canopy cover over the skinnier areas. A bit cut up and bruised today but well worth it as we found some nice bass that ranged from 35cm down to a ballsy 10cm. Phil picked up the best fish on an orange plunkett.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
TJC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:29pm
Nice work, love my surface bass fishing. Did you get many hits on the plunkett without hooking up? I find I hook over 90% of surface bass on the middle hooks, it appears as though you only have rear hooks?
34 South
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:42pm
Nice country mate, worth the extra paddle just for the scenery.
did you remove the middle hook to prevent rash?
:)
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 7:33pm
G'day Tim.

Yeah no rear hooks on these ones mate. They're a model I made a while ago (still have a few blanks to paint up) and at the time I was thinking a rear hook would be suffice. I haven't noticed a worse hook up rate with them than any other surface lure that size sporting two hooks, however if I ever carve them again I'll play around with a belly hook as I'm sure it could only improve the hookup rate. What I don't like about these lures is the loss of accuracy when casting. However I'm not game to change the bib with this particular shape because I'm extremely happy with the noise and action.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 7:43pm
Hey Nicho.

Stop it you're making me laugh

Yes awesome scenery. Heaps of bird species, water dragons, wombats etc.

Zoe has the Quest 11. Reckon I'll load that puppy up next time and leave the 13 at home.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:03pm
Awesome thred Danny. I thoroughly enjoyed reading through it all. Great pics and stories. I love that your fishing those works of art.

Dan
Dan
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 9:39am
Glad you enjoyed the read Dan, thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:17pm
Love the skinny water bass - looks like a top little trip with all of the boxes tickedThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 7:50pm
Hey Martin,

Yes definitely. Keen to get back there again. Had some fizzers I made and completely forgot to use them. Didn't change the one surface lure the whole trip. Next time.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:07pm
Just found this post - some really nice fish and pics Danny, this is the place that got me started lure building many years back. Used to be some decent Bass up the Clyde (in the late 70'sLOL) , also watch out for BIG bronze bream, a great pristine river.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 6:10pm
Hey Pete.

Mate it's an unreal place. Pleanty of bass in the first pool right at the crossing at certain times and tides. There's still some big bass up there nowadays too. I've had a few enormous hits. There'd be some 50cm wild bass up there I have no doubt.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 6:52pm
You did well dragging that big kayak through the rocks. Would have been nice to sit down after that one. Certainly need a smaller one for next time.
whipit
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 11:01pm
I have never done any of the things pictures above, nor been to the places you have mentioned. But you sure make it look excellent and with the best scenery.
I am probably to old to consider dragging kayaks up streams but enjoy reading your adventures. well done
Kimo
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:37pm
Hi Guys,

It's been quite a while since I've done any real timber lure fishing. Finally got out for a paddle this week with a couple of mates. Some very solid Goldens around which is a bonus. Phil also hooked a huge cod as he was bringing in a little redfin which then proceeded to turn the kayak around and start towing it before spitting it out. The Yorrel and baby Jinjulu models did the damage.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:46pm
ClapGood solid fish Danny - well done ClapClapClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Werriscreekwonda View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Woods Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werriscreekwonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:51pm
Nice fish.
Makes my casting arm twitchy.
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:56pm
Thanks guys.

Will head out again soon for sure.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:30am
Well done  Danny

I note you are chasing the locals as well.

Any decent reports for Jindabyne received by you or any trips done during the holiday period..

Regards John
JKR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:25pm
Danny should just give Phil his camera and lures, and sit back and wait for the photos of big fish :)

Sorry ... fishing report moved to the Eucumbene thread (which should be re-named I reckon).

al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 5:41pm
brilliant results danny,and very nice lures .those lures would be great up here for our bass the colour schemes are brilliant on them too
it a lot better world if you just smile
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 10:20pm
Thanks guys.

Haven't fished for trout since winter last year unfortunately John, so nothing new. Thanks for the comments Allan - I have lots of new lures planned including some for bass however I have no idea when I'll have time to start making them. I haven't made a lure in over a year. Yeah John, Phil has picked up some pretty good fish lately.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic