Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > Antarctican Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too easy.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too easy.
    Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 6:10pm
Rang around some of my contacts and it did not take long to get a couple of Antartican Lures.

This lure is designed to lure Sperm Whales away from Whaling ships.The idea is to cast or troll the lure close enough to the Sperm Whale.It will follow it for as long as is required without trying to eat it.However in the event a whaler sees it and thinks it is a whale they get snared and the fight is on.

This little gem is the Ice Cap Spinner Bait.It is designed to attract Fairy Penguin Photographers.The Fairy Penguins are attracted to the small Ice Cube that is positioned early in the winter before the snows start.
The Penguins are too clever to touch it and when the pesky photographers try to get too close to them they get snared in the foot and never return to annoy the Penguins.

I am working on a prototype lure to help these little critters at the other end of the globe.
The Journey is the Reward

simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 7:23pm
You are spending too long at sea.
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 7:39pm
Why thankyou Simon.
You are closer to Antartica than all of us and you have not found any lures from there yet.
What's going on!

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 7:48pm
I am impressed with the use of materials readily available locally for Antarctican's Barry, although sadly the ice cap spinner bait might not be very durable in tropical conditions?

I can see that the locally preferred target species down there might require a slightly different approach than usual!

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:00pm
You got it right about being close to Antarctica.

Heres the view from the front door this week- someone hasn't told the weather it's spring

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 11:11pm
Simon there is most possibly one major reason one works in harsh climates and Tony you were spot on with the ice cap spinnerbait.I had trouble just producing the lure before it melted . 

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 7:42pm
Good to see the humour Captain, made my day!LOL
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 7:16pm
HAHAHAHA i had to look twice at these before i realised what was goin on

stinger View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 9:02pm
YEP THE CAPTAINS ON THE ICE
REMEMBER FOOLS RUSH IN WERE ANGELES FEAR TO TREAD
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:07pm
The Captain is on something thats for sure,,Gary
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 2:27am

The ones that can't drink their girly drinks without it might bite, put em on the target species list! LOL

DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 7:18pm
IS THAT my poler bear BARRYWinkWinkWinkWinkDeadDeadDeadCryCryBig smileBig smileregards bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic