When lures bite back!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When lures bite back!
    Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:30pm
ouch
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:08pm
up at mondy last week ran into a nsw couple on way to gin gin with their son in back seat with a classic 120mm firmly imbedded in back of his head two trebles in real good .
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:16pm
OUCH......I have had a 2/0 barbless in my thumb - just reversed straight out. I have had a 4/0 in a set of gangs up to the bend running along the bone in my index finger - that one was a doctor's job. Whenever I fish a new lure I try to remember to crush the barb, but can't do that with gangs though.
Martin-

PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 6:45pm
2nd hookup of the morning chasing tuna off Noosa yesterday. I couldn't come to the thought of me mate Heath doing the mono loop 1-2-3 yank so I did some DIY surgery. I tried pushing down and out but to no avail so I pulled on the hook as tight as I could in the opposite direction it went in. This bunched up the skin behind the barb which I promptly cut through running the blade across the hook shank on top and sides. Bingo out it came. I'm so glad it was a size #2 not #2/0. Anyways we went on to catch 20 plus mack tuna and frigate mackerel. Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 6:49pm
He is lucky he can still see spots with that eye
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 6:27pm
Nicho's lures catch everythingWink
Martin-

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 5:25pm
taylors mate , keegan with a new piercing. taylor thought it was the funniest thing he's ever seen. just remember boy, what goes round comes around.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
beer-breath View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:55pm
Sorry for no pictures, but i'll always remember the story my dad told me.
He passed a couple years ago, but, when he and my mom were just newlyweds, he took her out fishing, trying to get her interested.
He set up the rod for her and had her stand near the water's edge, while he stood a bit behind her.
Well, she drew the rod back, then flung it forward hard to get a good cast out there, only to hear shrieking and yelling behind her.
She had hooked dad right in the nose through a nostril.
I sure wish they carried cameras around back then like we do today.
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 8:28am
Yes Martin it could have been an awkward moment in surgery. The Bats are a great lure pulling a high percentage of my biggest bass nearly all at night. A mate and myself had a session a couple of Fridays ago before the rain fishing till 11.30 at night and between use caught 23 bass in a local river 19 on the Bat but I lost one to an unstoppable my first bust off for the season. At the price they are there's no fear throwing them in deep sometimes the only way to rouse them. Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 7:31am
Yeah you don't wanna get pricked there. Those Big W / ET bat lures are top surface bass lures arn't they. I've caught hundreds on them. Martin
Martin-

PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 8:51pm
This was way too close to the nether regions
Fool to the bream
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 6:20pm
Yeah, been smashed by a flying sinker after pulling it off a snag. You learn quickly don't you? Martin
Martin-

goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 4:15pm
man no wonder I pay attention when fishing,I learnt a lesson 20 odd years ago I got snaged in a tree 10 feet up,tightend up the drag pull like christ & bang ball sinker right between the eyes, I am very carefull now
Stephen Booth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Booth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 4:30pm
That's because black and red does NOT catch fish! It's only use is to be hanging on my wall!
Painted sticks with hooks sure, but they are oh soooo nice!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:55pm
Stephen,
that lure is not black and red!
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 5:50am
Hey Pilly, you are right about the thick human skin. I was hooked in the calf of my leg and I did the same thing of pushing it thru and snipping off the barb.Not much funUnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappyUnhappy
Baitman
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:47pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLGOLDLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClapClap
Google View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Google Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:42pm
Pilly, nice looking lure that you were wearing on your foot, people pay big bucks to have bling like that dangling from their body!!

Stephen that has got to hurt!  those hooks are very sharp.  At the least you did land the thready!!

cheers

Rhys
Stephen Booth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Booth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 7:43pm
And this is what happens when a Brissie River threadfin swallows a Jackall so far back the only way to get it out is by hooking yourself on it! Luckily it went clean through both sides and I still wear the scar!
And the lure was removed with the pliers sitting on my lap by a very keen mate who just couldn't wait to get into it!
Painted sticks with hooks sure, but they are oh soooo nice!
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 5:57pm
Adrian
Just wondered if you did the job yourself.Lucky you had a suitable pair of pliers with you.
regards John
Pilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 5:50pm
Bob, I will let you know if I ever choose to take up that line of workLOLLOLLOLLOL

John, I had to remove myself as I was in the middle of no where. The picture is when I started to push the point of the hook back through the skin as I didn't stand a chance of pulling it out backwards. I remebered this post when it happened and thought I gotta get a photo to put upLOLLOL. I just used some pliers twisted the hook around, pushed it back through the skin and snipped the barb off, then cut off the barb and pulled it back out, pretty simple eh WinkWinkWink It was suprising how thick human skin is as it took a fair bit of force (and swearing) to get that hook point to come back out of my foot.

Cheers
Adrian
Toga Fever
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 7:19am
adrian.
 How long did it take before you had it removed.   Some details required please.
Thanks
Regards John
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 3:37am
COOL AS foot piercings I can ya a job in my brothers tattoo shop if ya keen broLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapCoolCoolCoolCoolCool
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 9:32pm
ClapThats gold mateLOL
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 8:43pm
Adrian OUCH Cry been there done that --- don't want to go backLOL
Steve
Pilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 7:54pm
Had a little accident yesterday while chasing Toga's.
Cheers
Adrian

Toga Fever
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:29pm
Hi Tony, I think you might be on an even Par...LOLLOLLOLLOL...SmileSmileSmile...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by tooch tooch wrote:

Hi Guys, I dunno which one of them looks more handsome..
Tony or the barra....LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL...Pete.

That would be the Barra by a long shot Pete Wink

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:05pm
Nyak, Nyak schnapper head....LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL...pete.

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 8:02pm
TONY"S the snapper head toochyLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLCoolCoolCool
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 7:58pm
Hi Guys, I dunno which one of them looks more handsome..
Tony or the barra....LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL...Pete.

CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 2:16pm
Very good information on the hook removal, Tony. I've been there and done that a few times.
Baitman
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 10:10am
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClapMAYFIELDLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 12:57am
Dunno about tough Tas, I'm a big sook - I just wanted to go catch another one, adrenaline from Barra fever helps a lot I think LOL

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
TasV View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 12:29am
Gotta admit though... it's pretty tough ... posing for a photo with the treble driven home into your hand like that LOL Doesn't get much tougher...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic