Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When lures bite back!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 7:31am
Yeah you don't wanna get pricked there. Those Big W / ET bat lures are top surface bass lures arn't they. I've caught hundreds on them. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 8:28am
Yes Martin it could have been an awkward moment in surgery. The Bats are a great lure pulling a high percentage of my biggest bass nearly all at night. A mate and myself had a session a couple of Fridays ago before the rain fishing till 11.30 at night and between use caught 23 bass in a local river 19 on the Bat but I lost one to an unstoppable my first bust off for the season. At the price they are there's no fear throwing them in deep sometimes the only way to rouse them. Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
beer-breath View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beer-breath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:55pm
Sorry for no pictures, but i'll always remember the story my dad told me.
He passed a couple years ago, but, when he and my mom were just newlyweds, he took her out fishing, trying to get her interested.
He set up the rod for her and had her stand near the water's edge, while he stood a bit behind her.
Well, she drew the rod back, then flung it forward hard to get a good cast out there, only to hear shrieking and yelling behind her.
She had hooked dad right in the nose through a nostril.
I sure wish they carried cameras around back then like we do today.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 5:25pm
taylors mate , keegan with a new piercing. taylor thought it was the funniest thing he's ever seen. just remember boy, what goes round comes around.....mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 6:27pm
Nicho's lures catch everythingWink
Martin-

lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 6:49pm
He is lucky he can still see spots with that eye
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 6:45pm
2nd hookup of the morning chasing tuna off Noosa yesterday. I couldn't come to the thought of me mate Heath doing the mono loop 1-2-3 yank so I did some DIY surgery. I tried pushing down and out but to no avail so I pulled on the hook as tight as I could in the opposite direction it went in. This bunched up the skin behind the barb which I promptly cut through running the blade across the hook shank on top and sides. Bingo out it came. I'm so glad it was a size #2 not #2/0. Anyways we went on to catch 20 plus mack tuna and frigate mackerel. Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:16pm
OUCH......I have had a 2/0 barbless in my thumb - just reversed straight out. I have had a 4/0 in a set of gangs up to the bend running along the bone in my index finger - that one was a doctor's job. Whenever I fish a new lure I try to remember to crush the barb, but can't do that with gangs though.
Martin-

al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:08pm
up at mondy last week ran into a nsw couple on way to gin gin with their son in back seat with a classic 120mm firmly imbedded in back of his head two trebles in real good .
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:30pm
ouch
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic