LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > TAS Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Magic Minno

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magic Minno
    Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:40pm
Came across this one on a card, on my recent Tassie trip

Have had a plain one over 50 years and never new anything about it till now. Maker still unknown at this stage.

Perhaps one of our Tassie members are able to offer a bit more info.

This one should help with some metal unknowns

Regards John

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:49pm
Found a side photo of the lure as well.

Should help to I D.

I feel sure this one was around in the 50's.  Light gauge trebles,fine copper split rings

Regards John

Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:11pm
No I can't help with this one sorry John
Fish Choking Lures :)
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:57pm
That card very much suggests to me the Tru Life series of lures from W Carter & Son, Grange Rd, Glenhuntly (Melbourne). Carter was a senior employee at Hartleys who left to set up his own cane rod making business in the 40s?. I have a few of the Tru Life lures.

Also have a Magic Minno in a little box but have never been able to work out anything until I found this post a few minutes ago.

You can see the Magic Minno in a few tackle catalogues from the 50s with no indication of the maker. 
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:23pm
Thanks Jim
Charles1960 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 8:14pm
I have the same lure which belonged to my uncle who passed forty odd years ago, it's very similar to the old Johnson Super lure. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Magic-Minnow-Copper-Lure-In-Box-/142962733238?nma=true&si=yypUkhOBe9v9P4wGmkDmNyJ5MTM%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic