FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unusual Taylor Mades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unusual Taylor Mades
    Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Waz57 Waz57 wrote:

bullrout and grey momad . Have a look at Taylor Made web site and scroll down to a lure called a Fizz Banger. Reckon its one of his first ones .
Cheers Wazza

Wazza 

Not a Tailor Made Lure its a Koolabung mate have a good look through all the Koolabung Lures you will see why Im sure its a Koolabung 

And yes they are related not exactly sure how 
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 9:58pm
There's a post somewhere that says Taylor Made and Koolabung are brothers-in-law both from Port Macquarrie
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Waz57 Waz57 wrote:

bullrout and grey momad . Have a look at Taylor Made web site and scroll down to a lure called a Fizz Banger. Reckon its one of his first ones .
Cheers Wazza
Wazza, I believe what you're sayin but still think you are wrong mate, that is a Koolie, no doubt in my mind.

There might be more to this than meets the eye ?? Maybe style copied off a Koolie ? 
How long have Taylors been makin, anyone know ?
Gristy
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 2:48pm
What's the evolutionary timescale of the taylor made eye styles? I've noticed a lot of the stick on style ones on recent Taylors, while all my old ones (circa 2003 is my last one that I bought) appear to have painted eyes. Any idea of the transition dates or does he still do both eye styles? If not it may help in dating them.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
Waz57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 2:29pm
Cheers Wazza
Waz57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 2:20pm
Pretty sure they are all original Taylor Mades . A person who worked at Barra Base had a dad who was mates with Taylor . Lived in the same town . Port Macquarie I think. We use to get a few to play with from time to time . Bibs were bent when they arrived . They would be close to 23 years old now.
Cheers Wazza

grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 11:58am
Originally posted by bullrout22 bullrout22 wrote:

The surface lure looks like a Koolabung Lure 

You pegged it Dave, Koolie for sure Smile.

Gristy
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 11:15am
The surface lure looks like a Koolabung Lure 
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 10:39am
Wonder if someone's bent those bibs on purpose to make them swim shallower?
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2016 at 6:16am
OLDER lures id thinkBig smileBig smile
Waz57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waz57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 1:17pm
Was wondering if any one here has seen this design bib in the Taylor Made's before. The Talyor Fizzer I got while working as a fishing guide at Barra Base in the mid to late 90's. Have never seen to many of them
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic