Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Marz
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Split Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Split Rock
    Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 10:22am
Yep finally talked him out of another Split rock Special from his private collection and this one is very unique for a few reasons!
1st/ The lure was carved in 2011 on April 4th which is in fact the date of our birthdays (Mauries and mines).
2nd/ the lure is the only one that has been electroplated in Copper bib and all. Apparently it took 12 hours to electroplate over the timber.
3rd/ It isn't numbered as it was one of Mauries personal lures!
4th/ It will be the first split rock lure in my possession which will not be swum and kept in a glass case to oogle over.
                                  Regards
                                    B.J.
                                  BJ's Custom Baits!
irish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 11:21am
Hello. I have several of those lurers. Look after it. Cheers.
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 2:40pm
any photos?
cheers steiny
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 3:31pm
Stieny sorry mate I'm hopeless with uploading pics on this site,but lets just say this is my 14th split rock I've owned and No I'm not parting with this one either like I did with the other 13.....Ho Hum....

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 3:35pm
Not a Split Rock, but a "Glenn Special"

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 8:30pm
My Split Rock Special

Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 5:49am
dave 
i luv green lures - very nice 
i just spent 3 days at balcolyn with friends i have known for 50 years - he took me out trolling on his 6.7 mtr Caribbean but its idle speed was too high for the lures i was using - very scenic area 
cheers 
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 8:12am
Originally posted by hypnos hypnos wrote:

dave 
i luv green lures - very nice 
i just spent 3 days at balcolyn with friends i have known for 50 years - he took me out trolling on his 6.7 mtr Caribbean but its idle speed was too high for the lures i was using - very scenic area 
cheers 
bazz

Bazz

yes the lake is a top place plenty of spots to fish and some top fish being caught also mate

I live almost straight across from where you was staying but a bit north we can see Pulbah from over the lake you was behind it.

doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 2:29pm
Nice smoothie Split Rock mate. I had 2 of them before the shape changed and ribs were added. Then they were made for Southern Murray waters whereby they went on to catch numerous cod over 50lb... and dived beyond 6m......

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by doccod doccod wrote:

Nice smoothie Split Rock mate. I had 2 of them before the shape changed and ribs were added. Then they were made for Southern Murray waters whereby they went on to catch numerous cod over 50lb... and dived beyond 6m......

The owner of that lure sent it back to Marsey to fix it up he gave it a new clear coat but im very happy with it's no2 a very early one

doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 10:17am
G'day mate I do love your No 2 Split Rock Smoothie,If you ever wish to part with it give me a shout, as I'm swapping out all of my other timbers except for Fuglys but everything else is going so I can continue my Marz Addiction.....regards B.J.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by doccod doccod wrote:

G'day mate I do love your No 2 Split Rock Smoothie,If you ever wish to part with it give me a shout, as I'm swapping out all of my other timbers except for Fuglys but everything else is going so I can continue my Marz Addiction.....regards B.J.

Sorry for late reply but no internet

If I ever decide to let it go ill give you a yell

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic