LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > North American Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lure leads on Oahu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lure leads on Oahu
    Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 12:52pm
Hey Guys,

I'm heading to Hawaii (Oahu) for about a week and am looking for some leads as to where to shop for handmade lures on Oahu. I'm not fussed about what type of lures, just that they are handcrafted and somewhat unique to the area.

I'm early in my days of collection in that I just pick up lures from places that I travel. I don't really see it going any further than that but would really appreciate any suggestions you guys have.

Unfortunately I'm probably not going to get time to hop on a charter on this trip but should be able to snaffle a few hours to look for lures.

Thanks guys. Thumbs Up

Cheers,

Ces.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 12:54pm
You really dont see it going any further than that!? LOL I got news for you ces!

enjoy the trip mate.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 1:02pm
I can't help you with lures. I saw mainly game fishing and GT lures in the one shop I passed and I don't even remember what shop it was.
But if you change your mind about a day or half day out (and don't want to game fish) I highly recommend talking to Chris from 'Hawaii Bass Fishing'. Really great guy and will work with what availability you have. He actually gave us a great tour of the island as well as fishing.
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

You really dont see it going any further than that!? LOL I got news for you ces!

enjoy the trip mate.

Ha ha ha. Righto Nicho, let me (and my wife) stay in denial a little longer Wink

Thanks for the tip Ducks, I've sent him a message on facebook. See what we can turn up. Some peacock bass sound fun.
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 3:26pm
Try POP Fishing & Marine at Pier 38; Oahu.
A wide selection of both local and mainstream gear.
Nico's Pier 38 Restaurant is very close; and well worth dropping into as well.

Allan
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 4:03pm
Good stuff Ces.
I tried for bonefish with him since I'd caught peacocks before.
The bones didn't come out to play (one missed pick up in hours of poling the flats)
But then he took us out and we caught all kinds of stuff on micro jigs to put a bend in something.
Tell him John (with the cranka crabs) said g'day.
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 11:12am
Thanks for the tip Allan. I'll check it out.

Will do John. Cheers
Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 12:13pm
Heard back from Chris and unfortunately he's working in Fiji until July. He did give me some numbers to try when I get over there so fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the tips guys. Keen to hear more if anyone has them.

Cheers,

Ces.
rivermandave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rivermandave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 4:37am
This is the only mfg I can find

http://www.hawaiifishinglures.com/

Hawaii Fishing Lures
PO Box 1767
Kailua, HI
1-800-571-6339
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic