LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Tackle > Vintage and Collectible
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fishing rod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fishing rod
    Posted: 12 May 2016 at 12:58pm
just got two Jarvis walker Tonkin cane rods one is a port sea   the other is much the same with no name on it except Jarvis walker can any body give me idea about age and any other info cheers Brendan
brendan t
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:00pm
Photos please ,butt and winch fittings, what type eyes

regards John
brendan t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 2:05am
would like to do pictures but still don't know how sorry send ph no will try that way
brendan t
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 12:12pm
Brendan PM sent, just returned to LL this morning, no fishing, very strong winds up here.

Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 1:43pm

Had to locate an old rod in my collection today and came across this one from around the 60's I think

A Jarvis walker Pre Stressed  Fibre- Glass "The Taggerly " a very heavy fly rod.

Some of you may have remembered that one but may not have seen one for awhile.

Whilst we are on old rods :

Does anybody know back in the dim dark ages that you could purchase  a Blackfish  Deluxe blank or were  the rods only ever available complete.

I was told that I have one amongst my rods,  butt completed, but not the spacing for the eyes, I just wondered if the guy was on the money or not.

Thanks

Regards John

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic