LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help
    Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 5:48pm
Hi

Can any one advice me on Epoxy / Brand to be use for clear coat and also if it is available on online purchase.

Please advice me on  best online purchase portal because i recently had a bad experience on ebay while purchasing airbrush cleaning pot, deal posted by TOMTOP Australia. I did not not received it even after 40 days and now they are refunding with no excuse. The deal was for $10.44 and free delivery in UAE.

Any resources previously posted on this forum will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Have a great DaySmile

Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 6:16pm
Envirotex Lite from Aldax on Ebay.
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 6:23pm
Thanks Shane for your prompt reply.
Do you think i sholuld trust on ebay !! have you done any purchases through them.

Thanks
Raghubir
Scotty ray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 7:53pm
As Blinky said or If you don't trust eBay buy it direct from their store or try Kingston Lures. I just purchased some envirotex from them, arrived today.

Cheers Scott
Hutcho1977 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hutcho1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 8:31pm
Like Blinky said Aldax moulds on EBay. I ordered some from there the other day no problems at all. Prices are good and quick delivery. I prefer eBay as I can use PayPal which seems to be the safest for purchases online. (Touchwood)

Gotta say it's awesome stuff, I have worked out I have to apply it in airconditioned room due to the Darwin humidity. But beware of fumes.
Cheers Hutcho

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 9:11pm
Thanks
Shane , Scott and tony for you advice will go for it.
😊
Regards
Raghubir

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 3:50am
Hi friends

Finally i got my Envirotex lite epoxy & 6 primary set of createx colors ( 2 Opeque - black & white, 4 transparent) made in US through online purchase .

Let me tell you, envirotex lite is fantastic i did  first coat on my lures after foiling  her are the pics.Big smile

I was so excited and planned to complete coloring of 5 lures which i did clear coat after foiling with Envirotex lite.

As usual things are not easy for me.

I am not able to thin createx colors to milk consistency either with Universal thinner AZTEX purchased locally nor with home made Thinner ( Distilled water, Glass Plus cleaner, Glycerin) on my this week end Friday and saturday (today). What psi i need to keep for createx and so on, totally frustrated and spend both days looking out for some solution online. Cry

This is the first time i am using Airbrush & Createx colors. 

Could any one give advice, i am lost but not loosing hope.

Thanks, Regards 
Raghubir

charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 6:53am
Raghubir,

I have found that Createx colours are not the best for airbrushing lures. Great for fabric though. However the Createx Illustration colours are fantastic. As are Wicked and Auto Air Colours. It gets a bit confusing because of the brand name Createx. There are numerous products which are made by them but are very different. I bought some Createx colours initially and couldn't get them to spray any fine detail at all, so I called the importer and he told me to go Illustration or Auto Air. I did and have had no further problems.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Rob.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 3:05pm
Hi

Thanks for sharing your experience, y'day I did practice with normal water color on my rejected lure . The results prove that one has try and do experiment which every here in forum and else where on net are saying. Art of mixing colors supported by suitable air pressure will give you ultimate results.

Please have a look on the pics

Thanks, Raghubir

Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 3:33pm
Tamiya and Spastix paints are great for airbrushing straight out of the bottle. Tamiya is only available in your standard colours, Spastix is available in everything!
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 1:14am
Thanks Blinky for suggesting options available to createx.

The issues i was facing because i have never used Acrylic colors and airbrush, but y'day my trail and experiment gave me some ideas of using both. In the following pics i have used normal tube water colors, i took time mixing them with drop by drop with water and checking the consistency of the color. When i felt that it has milk consistency i started using them and did trail on rejected lure.

It gave me a great feeling that with trail and experiment i will gradually get good results .

Thanks again for sharing your experience & knowledge with the colors.

Regards, Raghubir 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic