FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedParsun Motor Whinge/Bitch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parsun Motor Whinge/Bitch
    Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 5:44pm
How the hell does a throttle arm on the carby  break ? There is no pressure on it , it just spins in its housing !
Anyway , yeah mine broke and cant just buy the arm , have to buy whole carby .
The motor is only 3.5 years old Confused
Already spent a little bit on it having to replace head gasket . Also the amount of impellers I have had to replace in water pump !
Even though out of warranty , I expected a little bit of help regarding the throttle arm ,it shouldnt break ,  but NO , "I,ll transfer you to spares "
And to top things off today , the carby they sent is the wrong one !
This motor used to be ok , but now I am seeing some dollars starting to leave my wallet , not that long after the warranty has run out Angry
I like pretty painted sticks
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 6:30pm
everything will start to shit itself sooner or later, BUT, buy a yamaha......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
madoldeel View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 9:09pm
One word mate.......YAMAHA....
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 4:35am
Parsun is exactly the same as a Yammy ,, too scared to get one of them now .

rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 5:27am
parson are a cheap chinese knockoff of a yamaha, so you get what you pay for. maybe down the track they might do some r and d and make them better. the same as tohatsu, crap when they first came on the market, but when mercury got invovled they got better. my brother is a pro fisherman, used yamaha all his life, flogged the guts out of them day in day out. no services on them, treat them like shit. grind them through the mud when crabbing and left in the water for weeks on end. four years, throw it away and get another. you get good and bad in everything. my yamaha is serviced once a year, every second year a new water pump is fitted. last of the carburetted 4 strokes had it since 2009 and not one problem, touch wood. hope you problems get sorted .........mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 6:02am
MICKS on the money over 40 years of fishin in boats ive had  12 yammie outboards from 2hp to 150 new &2nd hand kept them serviced &flogged the guts out of them all 2strokes only had i break down at sea on a 70hp i done a $50 rectafier  chip got a tow back home iam a big yammie fan love the 40 2strke ive got now tiller power tilt trim great motors WinkWinkClapClapLOLLOLregards bob
Parsun View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 12:22pm
G'Day Everyone
I thought I'd jump on here to say our side of this story as we are the Australia distributor for Parsun outboard motors. I've throughly tested them for 2 years over other brands before alinging myself with the Parsun factory. We have been offering the Parsun motors in australia now for 10 years now and sell thousands of motors each year. From my experience as an outboard mechanic, my own personal testing plus touring outboard manufacturing factories I can say they are great quality.
I'll give you a run on Jeff's story above. Firstly Jeff called me saying our motors are #### and break down all the time and he has spent so much money on repairs. So this worried me, I asked him what happened with his motor. He said he blew a head gasket and the waterpump failed. I asked how old is the motor? To see if its covered under warranty which is 2 years. Jeff told me the motor is 3.5 years old so its almost 2 years out of warranty. I havent verified Jeffs actualy purchase date only going by his words I asked him when was the last time you got the waterpump service? Jeff told me never. After explaining that the waterpumpp needs servicing so the motor wont over heat and in turn cook the powerhead blowing the head gasket. Jeff still believes this should be a warranty issue when clearly its due to failing to service the waterpump on the motor. 
As for the carby butterfly breaking. Who knows how this broke. I dont know everyones knowledge on carbies but its just a small shaft running through the carby body with a butterfly screwed to it. Really impossible to break this shaft without a physical touch. So we qouted and sold Jeff a brand new fully assembled 30hp carby for $155. After the qoute Jeff got extremely abusive to myself and my staff. Swearing and bad mouthing our products etc saying we arent helping him out. I explained yes we are helping him out by selling him a carby for $155. The same carby from Yamaha is $701. I do admit my spare parts guy did send out the wrong carby it was a 15hp carby in a 30hp box. A hassle I know but no big deal we are swapping it over. 
Anyway I always like to tell the other side of the story so people can judge for themselves if the rants about our motors are viable or not.
Safe boating
Garry
Parsun outboards

This is 1 of my many tests I perform on the outboards I choose to sell.

Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 4:31pm
 I am going to say this and then leave it be as I dont want a slinging match to and fro for days on end .
 At no time did I say the water pump had never been serviced . I have been replacing the impellor twice a year . This is evident in another thread on here Wink
I also did not abuse you , I simply stated that I will spend more money on this piece of sh!t . Abusive towards the product ,perhaps , but  not you personally .
I dont believe the water pump or the head gasket should be warranty , but I do believe the throttle arm should be .
 Anyway , I am going to fit the carby and hopefully the motor will give me a few more years service before I buy another one .
Cheers
Jeff Smile
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 5:06pm
Let me just say YAMAHA
i worked proffesionaly on the swains reefs and at no time did i see another motor except for once where a fleet had other motors...name eludes me, black motor red writing?
Still a good motor but they had head issues within a few years.
The yamahas got flogged..under serviced..rattled like shit but never stopped or not started.
After finishing my job I purchased myself a 2 stroke yamaha for my own tinny...first ever new purchase...that was back in 2005....that motor still has never let me down.
had it serviced recently and the guy was amazed at the condition of engine and commented on the lack of corrosion in standard places.
You get what you pay for.
The cheaper things just need a lot more maintenance.

Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 6:09pm
Hey I got one of those Black with red writing motors. Outboard mechanic told me when he serviced it that it has a yamaha head in it. The only criticism he has of this particular model (20 hp 4 stroke) is the fixed carby settings which has an inherent "lag" when taking off. He could fix it with a carby re-build, but it doesn't worry me so why bother?
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Parsun View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 9:14am

[1]Jeff

I understand you don’t want to get into a slinging match as you probably didn’t think I'd see you bad mouthing my products online and hold you accountable for your actions. By the way you can’t sling anything at us because we haven’t done anything wrong. As for you saying you never abused me or my staff this is a lie. Anyone that would jump on an online forum to bag a product out because they couldn’t scam free parts and use the title "whinge / bitch" would definitely be the type of person who swears and abuses people over the phone. This action is just not acceptable especially for my staff. They don’t need to come into work and be abused by you because you couldn’t get your way. In fact I've told all my staff to forward any of your future calls to me so they dont have to deal with you.

As for you saying you serviced your water pump. You told me a completely different story that you had never done it. When I explained to you it needs doing otherwise your motor will get damaged like it did you then told me you’re a plastics expert (whatever that means) and the water pump housing had a blockage in it and this caused the problem and should be covered under warranty. I shot this suggestion down straight away which you didn’t have a response when I replied. If you’re a plastics expert and this had a blockage why did it take 3.5 years to overheat your motor? Wouldn’t the blockage have caused the motor to overheat within the first hr?

Since seeing your rant about my products I looked further into this situation and found 2 very interesting things. I checked out your past posts and saw a picture of your motor. First thing I found it you keep stating your motor is only 3.5yrs old this shouldnt happen etc. But your picture post shows the date of may 2011 and i the post you say your've had this motor for 6 months which meanss you bought it in 2010. Not 3.5 years old but in fact at least 6 years old. If you dont service your motor in 6 years your going to have problems. Not the engines fault its your fault.

2nd thing and the most inetersting thing I found. is YOUR MOTOR ISNT A PARSUN. It's a sail motor rebranded by a dodgy company and called Sea King. I'll attach a picture showing the differences between a sail motor and parsun motor. So this means your bagging my products out and want me to cover your breakdowns and your motor isnt even 1 of ours. I've toured and tested Sail outboard and they didnt pass my testing. In fact the sail outboard company has shut down.

Now i guess your not going to apologise but I just want to make clear to people here. Our products and support and backup are good and nothing like jeff is trying to say. He doesnt even own 1 of our motors.

Everyone please be careful who you listen to online as some people if they dont get their way, they think its fine to put companies and products down to get back at them.

People dont realise that at 1 stage there was over 30 outboard manufactures in china. Backyarders and dodgy companies have been bringing them into australia without testing selling them for a year then disappearing leaving a trail of unhappy customer behind. Please dot confuse our Parsun brand with these other unprofessional and unsupported brands. We test all our products before offering them to the australia public. We have over 200 retails stores plus 200+ service outlets and a full range of spare parts to back-up and support our brand.

I hope my response to this rant by jeff makes it clear what he is saying is completely incorrect and he shouldnt be saying this.

Safe boating everyone

Garry

Parsun

Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 5:26pm
"2nd thing and the most inetersting thing I found. is YOUR MOTOR ISNT A PARSUN"

Ahh , I didnt want to do this crap .
Want to take another look mate ? You musnt have got much work done today with all that time on the PC researching me Confused
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Here she is , that other motor was replaced with this one I bought off you Wink Only replaced other motor as I wanted more Horsepower , it was a great motor , started 2nd time , EVERY time . Big smile
I got the Carby today and have sent Thomas a thankyou email for fixing it up so quickly .Hope to be back on the water this weekend , you have a great one sir Smile

"

Now i guess your not going to apologise but I just want to make clear to people here. Our products and support and backup are good and nothing like jeff is trying to say. He doesnt even own 1 of our motors."

Nahh , I am not going to apologise , because I actually do own a Parsun LOL And , hey , we all make mistakes from time to time , so dont feel bad , I also dont  want an apology Tongue

Na

Parsun View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 5:48pm
Jeff
Ok if this is your motor then i do apologise. I was only going off your other forum posts.
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 6:24pm
There is no "if" ,, it is my motor , anyway lets just let this be ,, I have a carby now and hope to be back out fishing soon Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic