LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More info please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More info please
    Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 5:14pm
Hey fellas, I secured the future of these 2 old timbers from a good friend of mine who thinks these are painted sticks. Apparently they were made by a Dave Mullarby? who was a fitter up here in Weipa many many years ago. I believe he moved to N.S.W. just wondering if anybody else had any pics or knew anything more about them.
Cheers
Dan
Dan
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 5:37pm
Sorry Danny, I saw a similar looking lure like your red one with that bib up for identification on a facebook post. Nobody knew about it from memory.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 8:30pm
Just wanted to give this a bump and also add this lure. Possibly from same maker but yeah, I don’t know anything about it and would like to know more.

Thanks
Dan
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:39pm
Dan

The recent lure you have posted is a Muldoon Lure made by Jason Mullarvey of Wagga. Similar sur name to what you have posted but from about 4500kms apart!

By the looks of the chipped paint, it could be one of his earlier timber ones before he went to molding. Would be around 10-12yrs old.

Best bet would be to look him up and give him a call. Last time I visited him he lived in Nth Wagga.

Cheers TB
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:07am
Hey thanks Tony I will. Yeah its a timber one. The old mate of mine I got it off has had it many years and  he could have his first name wrong and I only guessed the spelling of his last name.  I wonder if he ever spent any time in Weipa a long time ago. I will search around for a contact and give him a call.

thanks heaps
Dan
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 4:28pm
On the money Tony... I have him down as Jason Mullavey

cheers Danny n Tony

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 4:52pm
Thanks fellas.
Dan
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:10pm
So I not long got an e mail back from Jason Mullavey from Muldoon lures and it turns out there is a Dave Mullavey. He’s Jason’s uncle and he was in Weipa for many years and was involved in the manufacture of these lures at the time back in Wagga Wagga. He said it was an early example of the 130mm big Mong they now make as it doesn’t have the wire through the bib.
Dan
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 8:35pm
Nice bit of Muldoon history there DannyClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic