LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Tackle discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halco (RMG) bibs??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halco (RMG) bibs??
    Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 10:48am
Does anyone know where I can obtain a quantity of Halco bibs to fit 150 and 190 Scorpions and Laser Pro lures? I get quite a lot to repair and restore and am coming up short with bibs. I have tried making some but the key slot is almost impossible...

Fysshe
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 11:30am
Sorry mate I've never actually seen bibs sold separately.
The only thing I can think of is that the "Halco Hamma" used to be sold with 2 bibs.
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 10:35pm
May be able to help Ian.Remind me tomorrow arvo.
The Journey is the Reward

Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 10:57pm
Thanks Barry. Thumbs Up
Fysshe
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 4:55am
Thanks for the pic's I wondered about the square bib lock after seeing the bib slot in the lure I get it. Can you tell me  if the sqare pin go's through the opening in the lure body
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:07am
Yes Paul, There's a keyway in the bib and another in the lure body. The key just pushes in through the side. It is a snug fit and won't fall out. Quite a good design really.
Fysshe
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 11:16am
damn would be nice to know if there available I have a fair few without bibs. 
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 11:58am
Would be a good sideline for a bib making business? Maybe "Huber"...Ermm
Fysshe
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:02pm
Fysshe - do you think after a bit of your reconditioning Halco would consider them in good enough condition for a free replacement?

(I suspect the postal costs of taking up this offer would make it redundant.)
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 4:06pm
Thanks Ducks, that's basically what I was told at our local tackle shop. In the past I've bought cheap Halcos off Ebay just to get bibs but now have an abundance of spare bodies! I know I can swap bibs around but it's a pain in the butt doing it while fishing! Angry
Fysshe
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:30pm
Hi Ian
I had the same discussion with Halco as Ducks and was told the reason for the return to Halco was so no one could copy their bibs, which I thought was ridiculous.
I explained that the cost of mailing the lure would be close to the value of the lure especially with return to me costs. I left it at that because it just seemed to be not worth it.
However last trip through Broom I bought a Kilalure in one of the shops up their, didn`t open it until Fitzroy Crossing where I found the bib had been glued crooked. Long story short contacted Gilies, Emailed a picture, they told me to return it to a store for a replacement,. As no store carried this lure down here they sent a replacement.
It would seem a better system for Halco to also implement a return to store policy rather than return to Halco
Worth asking the question
Kimo    
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:26pm
I have a local beachcomber who brings me buckets of lures that have washed up, most have been ravaged by Spaniards and missing bibs. I may have to send a big parcel over of 20 or more to make it viable.
Fysshe
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:26pm
If someone was to produce some sort of substitute - I know a few guys who do the trip to png regularly who would probably buy bulk if the discontinued 4m depth bib was reproduced to suit scorp 125s...
Just saying
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:30pm
Yeah Ducks, someone with a mini router to cut the keyway in a sheet of Lexan then laser cut any shape or size bib. I'm not too concerned about the "Crazy Deep" bibs as I prefer the flatter bibs myself.
Fysshe
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:00pm
How ridiculous on halcos behalf. Not supplying bibs to customers. What a crock of shite.
Dan
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Danny Danny wrote:

How ridiculous on halcos behalf. Not supplying bibs to customers. What a crock of shite.

Makes sense from their POV - every bib sold/given is a potential replacement sale lost.
It's like the cost of fixing electronics outside warranty. It's all geared toward another sale, not a lasting single product.
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 6:13am
From what I have pickedup on the grapevine they have moved there moulding offshore This would mean that they would be packing them over there too. So they probably strip the bibs from packaged lures and they would be trying to keep deliveries 4 to 6 times a year 
I know how much they pay for there bibs they are not offering a classy customer service. Ask through the US website you may get a different reply don't let on your aussie till you order
I know I am making a few assumptions,,,,, I would love to be proved wrong 

I bet if I offered to make the bibs they would by up me like a rat up a rafter
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 7:21pm
A little of topic
Is it possible to buy Nilsmaster bibs ? and if so where.
Thanks Kimo
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 8:12am
Kimo I have a few.Call me 0418772459
The Journey is the Reward

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic