LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Attack Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attack Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attack Lures
    Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 4:43pm

I have an assortment of NOS Attack Lures QLD.
I have some packaged some unpackaged and even blanks that never made it to paint stage.

These were hand crafted and assembled by Barry Neat.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 6:19pm
They sure are a sweet looking lureThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:25pm
Gday Adz, nice lures for sure, what was the go with them mate, how long ago was Barry making them, was he just selling them from home or through shops, etc, some more info would be appreciated.
Cheers Steve R !!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Adz View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:45pm
These are early to mid 90's made from his home on Bribie Island. They were sold in a few stores but not on a large scale obviously.
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 5:39pm
Hi Peter Munt here.
I owned the copy lathe with Barry Neat and I totally own the pattern for the lure that Barry and I made for Attack Lures
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 2:57pm
Found these in an antique shop in Ulmarra NSW, was told they were Attack lures that someone had repainted, nice repaint job be good to know who did it?
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 3:30pm
The top lure, I am certain was one originally sold by Greg Mundt, he copied my Cania Bug. My partner Barry Neat produced them for Greg and when Greg no longer traded in lures Barry gave them to his Stepson to sell through his tackle shop as Attack Lure model. The other two designs are mine. Once again when I decided not to sell those models anymore Barry produced them for his stepson who sold them under the Attack banner.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 1:33pm
Thanks for the update, Cania Bug copy interesting. Still would be nice to know who repainted.
Seaweed.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 5:00pm
OK I picked up some of these lure blanks recently. I bought them off a bloke that bought the contents of a tackle shop 2 years ago. This tackle shop closed about 20 years ago and was in Maryborough. Just confirming that these are blank Attack lures as they are very close to the styles shown here.

Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 5:03pm
Martin-

Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 7:47pm
They are my Cania bug and spearhead lures, the tackle shop was probably Tinana Tackle,Peter M
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 11:18pm
Thanks for that confirmation Peter. They are all very exact so I thought they came from a lathe and thought they were most likely off your machine
Martin-

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:25pm
Wonder who did the repaints on the ones I found? Only kept the Cania Bug copy and one other. The rest I gave away at the Expo.
Seaweed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic