LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A batch of 2 lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sudanraghu2210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A batch of 2 lures
    Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 5:38am
Hye

Thanks Martin, Peter, Dave, Per Johannsen, Brad  & all lure making enthusiast  for your feedback on my lure action.

For me personally your feedback , advise & continuous assistance in lure making have a great place in my heart.

The best part of this forum is that,  there is always someone available to assist you on any aspect of lure making and the response time is very fast. A Big Thanks to 'LureLovers.com' & all the members.

Once again thanks to you all................ CheersSmile

Regards, Raghubir

MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 6:20pm
Bloody fantastic Raghubir, Thumbs Up 

Well done mate Clap
Life is fishing!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 6:06pm
Looks great with the clear coat making them look even better, and a very nice action - well doneClapClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 4:26pm
Came up beautiful mate. Like Glider said hope the get chewed up for you when they get a swim in the ocean. Good luck
whipit
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 7:36am
Action looks excellent rag, your going to enjoy your first fish on your own lures . Try not to cry when the toothy critters tear them to shreds, it means you got it right !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 7:02am
Hi

Per Johannsen, thanks for be there for observing & advising me on the correct path. Planning to go for fishing this week end & try my luck.

Peter, i tried with the same hook size without changing to one size below in my home bath tube just have a look at the action of the lure. Here is the link :

Regards, Raghubir

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 4:28am
Thy sure came up great with the clear cote on Thumbs Up
You have done a really great job Raghubir Clap
Go get some Fish now Smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 1:50am
Hi

Peter, thanks again for suggestion will try with small hooks. Here preadator fishes like kingfish, cobia, barracuda and mahi-mahi love to hit any moving object enticing like a bait fish. 😊

Thanks, regards
Raghubir
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 7:42pm
Hi raghubir, if you try 1 size smaller it may improve the action and should still be big enough to ensure good hooking ability. Definitely worth trying ,you will be surprised the difference it can make. I like fairly big hooks myself but the bigger the hook the more effect it has on dulling the action of the lure. They are looking really good, hope your dubai fish appreciate them !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 1:56pm
Hi

Peter, good morning!!

Do you mean, should I reduce the hooks with smaller size. The length of the lure from the nose to the tail of the lure
is 11cm, does the small hooks for cosmetic look or add to the functional part of giving more action.

Thanks Peter for your observation and advise.

Regards, Raghubir
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 7:43am
Coming on great raghubir, might be worth dropping a hook size....glider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:45am
Hi

They are through with epoxy curing and ready for their first swim and luck.

Final result:

Regards, Raghubir

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 5:57pm
Hi

Brad & Dave thanks for your views, i am into epoxy coating today. Finished one lure y'day night and is curing now on my dryer and will do one more coat thereafter. Based on the outcome will start for other lure. I have plan to test other 3 lures in my bath tube for weighing & action. Yes, will post the pictures once through.

Thanks, Regards Raghubir

MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:39am
G'day Raghubir, Wow they are looking great and now you need a clear coat on them. Keep up with the great work .Thumbs Up

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:40am
Nicw work nate. Sounds like a challenge just to get the things you need to make them. Your heat would not make it easy either. You sound like you will beat it all. Well done.
Cheers Brad
whipit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:33am

Thanks
 Per Johannsen, Jason & Martin for your valuable views, its the learning I got through this forum which brought me to this level.Smile

With Regards, Raghubir

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:51am
Exellent job Raghubir
I have seen how you have gone from first step till now, and that is a long way Clap
Looking forward to see the finish Lures, and surtenly the first report off Fish on your new creations 

Knaek & Break (Tight Lines)
             Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 8:11pm
They look great mate, please post pics of the lures when finished, and then next job is to go and catch yourself a fishon one of your own lures.
JAS
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:36pm
You are getting better and better Raghubir, it is good watching your progressClap
Martin-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 1:55am
Thanks

Puglee and Martin for your views, I am always sure of getting a feedback in this forum which keeps me going.

Regards, Raghubir 😊
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 4:54pm
Looking good Raghubir - coming along greatThumbs Up
Martin-

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 11:56am
Its sounds like your having a rough time just getting to make a few lures Raghubir ,your doing well though as these are looking nice .Once you get the clearcoat on and the bibs these will look pretty good,the clear will make the colors and the foil stand out more.Thumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sudanraghu2210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:10am
Hi

Posting a set of few pics of my two 110 mm wooden lures just completed colouring and waiting for top coat of epoxy & bib/lip fixing. I tried to used extended week ends because of EID holidays for 2 days in Dubai.

Making a lure here in Dubai was a great challenge and i come across difficulties not only from the technical point of view, but also the availability of basic materials like wood, sharpies markers, acrylic colours, airbrush needles etc.  Next buying them through on-line is next challenge  which end up either non delivery of your items because of PO box no., and answering N numbers of questions to customs department.

But the zeal to succeed keeps me moving against odds 

Look forward for views & suggestions.

Thanks, regards 

Raghubir

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic