Maryborough fishing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maryborough fishing?
    Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 11:37am
A croc hangs around Yankee Jack Creek on Fraser Island. Had a friend who was always complaining about dingoes ruining his crab pots up there. Went with him one night and told him- they aren't dog tracks and also pointed out the slide. He didn't believe me and still walks his pots up there on a low tide at night (no floats - hidden from thieves).

I understand using soft vibrotails off the River Heads boat ramp early morning is good for threadfin salmon. I used to throw metal slugs around there for the small mackerals.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:56am
Nice catch Shane and  I have been fishing at the pier at Hervey Bay right down the end is a good spot. Plenty of squid late in the dayWink
There is a little tackle shop near by and enjoy your trip.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:47am
The Fraser Coast area is really nice. Lots of places for fishing. Didn't get to Lenthalls unfortunately. The pier at Hervey Bay would be a good spot. I was wondering why all the boat ramps have pontoons.....until I saw the croc sign.

Caught a few small fish, had fun anyway.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by bluefish bluefish wrote:

You could also try Tiaro upstream from Petrie Park or at Tinana creek downstream from the causway crossing. There will be tailor, pike and bream at the creek right where you are staying and it has bass in the top reaches. Poona creek is just a short paddle/drive away as well.

I just had a look on Google Maps and there is a bloke standing on the Tinana causeway fishing!!!
That's funny.....LOL
Thanks for your help
bluefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 9:02am
You could also try Tiaro upstream from Petrie Park or at Tinana creek downstream from the causway crossing. There will be tailor, pike and bream at the creek right where you are staying and it has bass in the top reaches. Poona creek is just a short paddle/drive away as well.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 7:06pm
Gain access to the creek that comes out of Lenthalls. I have lost huge barra in there by fishing too light chasing bass.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:54pm
I may be staying at Boonooroo near Maryborough at the start of next month. I may not have room to take the kayak, depends on how many teddy bears, bicycles etc we have to take. Can anyone suggest fishing spots in that area? I see Lenthalls Dam is nearby. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Shane.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic