LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Soft Plastics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mold Makers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mold Makers
    Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:15pm
Gentlemen as always I'm trying to pass on any info that may promote lure making . I consider the people on the websites I visit my friends . So friends I recently had a custom mold made by Vitaly Osti from Print-A-Lure in Israel . Shipping and all was under 100 Oxford Scholars . The same mold here would have cost at least 500. I have already asked him about shipping to Straya and he says the cost is about the same . If you contact him tell him toadfrog /Brent Thompson put the bug in your ear . What do I get out of it . The same price I ask from everybody . Mention me around the fire at night when you think about it . Best and only chance of me becoming a legend in the industry . Hooroo My friends.
You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:58pm
Hi Toadfrog is there a picture that comes with that. The mold I meant not the legend
Kimo
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:12pm
Is this the mold I saw on Facebook? If so, that is a very well made mold with a very smooth finish to the lure's body.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:47pm
thats very nice of you Brent,and for the record your already a legend mateBig smile
that's no how ye make porridge!
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:26pm
Good on you toadfrog, always a legend Thumbs Up
Life is fishing!
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 7:09am
yes it is the mold on Face Book . He has it on his site i think . Just pop over to Print-A-lure and have a go at it .

You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 7:20am
I'm trying to get a video done with it in the water . My swim tank is only .915 meters long. Hard to see much action in so short a distance .For you blokes on FB If you haven't sent a friend request please do so because If you have questions about tackle I'll dig for an answer . I dabble in everything but that dosen't mean I know anything so I would be glad to be a part of your research .
HooRoo Gents.

Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 5:10am
Hi Brent
Nice job with the frog you will be KneeDeep in fish with that one,    sorry (its an ye olde but !!!!)
Did you just send him a CAD file with the layout you wanted or a sample and let him work the rest out
I may have a few for him to do
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 8:16am
I sent him measurements and photographs . We talked through Face Book . He did all the work from that alone . If I were going to do another I would have him add 25% more under belly and thicker legs . Something neither he or I expected was a shear point at the knee joint . A short strike will break the legs off easily . So I have to shoot the mold in hard plastic which looses some movement . 
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 7:35pm
I use to design and cnc machine plastic injection dies for a company and you would not even recived plans for that money. He has me for a costomer I will even send a full cad files in his choice of format. He is either the nicest guy around or the best machinist I have heard off 
Grab a couple of Z-man lures melt them and inject them into your moulds and see if they are tough enough without modifying your die or even hollow graphic tulle from a linen shop (Spotlight)  to reinforce the knee joints you will maintain flexibility and reduce them breaking off on short strikes as well as adding some flash I get a lot of materials from them for prototypes sparkles , paint ,beads ,buttons and sequins   for eyes. And the wife can not complain when you stop at the tackle shop LOL
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 7:42pm
Thanks for the post Brent I only just realized your in the US I guess Macy's or a haberdashery I looked that one up,, thank god for google
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 4:17pm
Your Welcome Doc . Just doing my bit for the people I like . If we all pick each other up then none of us will fall on our asses.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic