LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > European Fishing Lures > Finnish Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nils Master question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nils Master question
    Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:06am
Hi guys, I wound up with some Nils Master lures . Here are three of them, the most interesting of them (In my opinion) is the blue/silver one. It has no eyes, and the lip / bib is not marked like the others...it simple says Made in Finland. Anyway, I would definitely appreciate any insight or information on any of these lures, especially the oddball one.

Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:24am
The brown/yellow 12cm Invincible is a later model as you can see by the deeper set bib. The green/yellow Stalwart is earlier 70's/80's and was my favourite lure in the 70's for Bass and freshwater Tarpon. The blue 12cm Invincible seems to be an early model but hasn't completed the painting process, minus the top blue coat and eyes. Possibly a reject that had an after market bib fitted.
Fysshe
Rocket*Surgeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Fysshe Salmon Fysshe Salmon wrote:

The brown/yellow 12cm Invincible is a later model as you can see by the deeper set bib. The green/yellow Stalwart is earlier 70's/80's and was my favourite lure in the 70's for Bass and freshwater Tarpon. The blue 12cm Invincible seems to be an early model but hasn't completed the painting process, minus the top blue coat and eyes. Possibly a reject that had an after market bib fitted.

Interesting! Seems weird that there would be an aftermarket “Made in Finland” bin fitted (the glue looks the same as the Invincible ) but is an interesting possibility for sure ! Thanks for the info.

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:45pm
i bought some aftermarket nilsie bibs from a local tackle shop in the late 90's(Bob Dowses in ipswich ,Fysshe would know itWink).certainly a possibility that yours was replaced Andrew
that's no how ye make porridge!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

i bought some aftermarket nilsie bibs from a local tackle shop in the late 90's(Bob Dowses in ipswich ,Fysshe would know itWink).certainly a possibility that yours was replaced Andrew

Pretty cool, that’s great to know !
TimmO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:49pm
They all look great. Very clean with strong colours still. Great pick up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocket*Surgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:32am
Originally posted by TimmO TimmO wrote:

They all look great. Very clean with strong colours still. Great pick up

Thanks, they came in a group of lures that I got a little while ago. Kind of a nice bonus prize!
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 7:54am
i have a nilsy copy with an after market bib - it was possibly carved & painted by the Welch family
cheer
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:49pm
I'm not sure but I think the early ''Nillsy'' bibs (lips) were made of plexiglass or more probably "Propionate'' which the Fins/ Danes/ Swedes etc used, and maybe still use extensively, although it's tough stuff they broke easily, especially in cold water-
Replacement bibs were available in just about any tackle shop around here - now they are probably ''Lexan'' (poly-carbonate) which as you probably know is a much more durable plastic.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic