LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Lee's Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Lees collection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 2:30pm
Couple of retired white eye sway backs
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 2:37pm
and for contrast my biggest and smallest Lees.
NQ FISH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ FISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:48am
Very Nice. I like them sway backs. Had to look twice to see the little fella.
Bad days fishing is better than a good days work
Cheers chris
Aubsisa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aubsisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:23am
Hi mate, i have the opportunity to get this Lee's, just wondering if you might have a bit of a value that I could stick too that would be great
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 10:10am
Hi Aubrey, Although I make the lures, I have no idea on value, not a collector. If some other collectors see this post they will be able to comment. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 12:22pm
The last sway back sold on eBay for just under $60. It was a very nice lure that was brought by a Lees collector I know to make a color set. If there was two bidders a bit keener I’m sure it may have made an extra 20. People seem to be targeting Colour sets and eras these days as well as general collecting.
I collect Lees so probably over pay from time to time so not a great judge. I’m buying to enjoy, my kids will work out if I overpaid when I’m pushing daisies. It depends on how bad you want it. I’d pay 30-35 maybe.
Fishalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fishalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 1:55pm
great Lures,great collection.Clap
Aubsisa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aubsisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 2:14pm
Thanks for that Richard.
Aubsisa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aubsisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 2:14pm
Thanks mate, it's greatly appreciated
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by rally44 rally44 wrote:

Hi Aubrey, Although I make the lures, I have no idea on value, not a collector. If some other collectors see this post they will be able to comment. Cheers Richard.

Hey Richard, that lure seems to have a bit of age to it. What's the approx age of it please?
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:26am
Martin, Looks like it has a non standard hand cut bib, approx. `96-97. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 10:17pm
Cheers Richard Thumbs Up
Martin-

Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:39pm
Shape evolution of the 3 inch Barra trap. So many colors and bib combinations in the collection but hope this demonstrates the shape change from 86 to now. Also the narrow version offshoot.
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:40pm
Chin minnow circa 88
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:42pm
New addition jack and rattle traps. Yet to get two the same
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:47pm
Nice sway back
Odds and sods

Hybrids. Richard painted about two dozen dk terminators. Any more we can look at out there?
And a couple more

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:47pm
NIIICE Clap. My two favs is the '88 chin minnow, and that blood red with black and yellow stripes in the jack and rattle traps photo
Martin-

TimmO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:11pm
Fantastic info and history lesson.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:12am
I now have 155 Lee’s with another 7 that I fish - cheers
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 9:59am
Some lures I was yet to add. There’s more yet to be photographed but this should wrap up the bulk of it.
Have about 40 nudes all up.

Lacey Mack’s

Some more rattlin Jew traps

The lure I’m really chasing is an early lees that had the paint pattern stenciled that if you looked closely read Lees. I’ve seen one on eBay a few years ago so there’s at least one out there somewhere. Does anyone have one they could put a pic up for us all to see?
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 10:57am
Wow! Those Lacey Macks CoolThumbs Up
a good lure is a tool, not a toy - Vic McCristal
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 2:09pm

This lure has story. Pretty clearly.....
Richard wanted to show me an early lure that was is pristine condition. We couldn’t find it, resigned that to an old age moment and I said I’d get on my way. I patted his guard dog on the way out and what do you know. Found. Now sits proudly in my collection. A one off rare collectible.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 2:14pm
oh deary me...
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 3:31pm
Shocked Oh bugger,
Lees Lures are a winner on the fish, fishermen, even dogs! 
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:44pm
I too like those lacey macks - very nice.

Just as well the doggy lure didn't have hooks on it.
Martin-

al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 11:09am
unbelievable collection of Lee,s a credit to you that you dont throw them at fish .
it a lot better world if you just smile
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:06pm
Knew a bloke here in Darwin never went fishing, but used to tie on a lure sans hooks and play his staffy terrier cross, he reckoned more fun and better fight than barra lol.
Seaweed
"Always Merry and Bright"
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by al49 al49 wrote:

unbelievable collection of Lee,s a credit to you that you dont throw them at fish .

I still have quite a few Lee’s in my tackle box. Grey ghost is my Favourite Colour scheme. Just transferred my work to Bowen so I’ll have to stock up on Mack traps and poppers.
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 8:03pm
Added these c2010 Sooty Traps over the weekend.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 8:22pm
Always had a soft spot for the colour bottom far right - very nice
Martin-

Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 8:24pm
I had a Killa in similar colors that caught a lot of fish. The silver with the green back will be going fishing.
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 5:11pm
Nude section grew by a couple or three today. 
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 5:16pm
Also added some bibless to the collection I didn’t have. 
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 5:19pm
And found this box while looking for some car parts in the “cupboard of despair”. Should look in there more often 
Flathead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flathead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:57am
4 repaints from Richard
C lure, Wild River, Moose Marouski and Richo 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic