2018 Kaditcha Sets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 Kaditcha Sets
    Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

what are these sets worth travers?.......mick

Mick, this year's sets were $250 but they were made from guaranteed Tenterfield School Red Cedar and came with a Certificate of Authenticity and special cap. It was the 10th year of the sets.

Previous sets have been the same price for the previous 9 years - $100 for the 2" + 3" sets (2009 - 2012) and $135 for the Mini + 2" + 3" Kads (2013 - 2017). Time for a small price rise, so next year they will be $150 for the Mini + 2" + 3" Sets.

I only do 20 Sets per year and they are all booked out, with a waiting list.  I did 25 Sets this year, to get some people off the waiting list.

Beer

Travers
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 5:27am
Very good mate    Clap
THE CODFATHER
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:12pm
WONDERFUL!

Great work Travers
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 4:38pm
what are these sets worth travers?.......mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 5:54am
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME I CUD KEEP ON LURES TRAVERS
Thanks fore sharing

Knaek & Break
        Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:01pm
Very very happy with my set! Thank you Travers 😁
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Barndog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:12pm
Great stuff Travers
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:51pm
Very nice
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:41pm
ClapClapClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:20pm
Wow Clap
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 6:08pm
Choice!!
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 6:02pm
At last, the 2018 Kaditcha Sets are finally finished. Still have 5 sets waiting for payment, but most sets have been sent to their new homes.

I tried to insert the sets in a Word document, then copy them. Not sure how they will look. I had to flip some photos, so they all point in the same direction.

Beer

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:34am
With every Set, this year, there is a special Kaditcha cap, a Certificate of Authenticity and some timber off cuts & carvings (just in case someone needs to carbon date the cedar Big smile)

Beer

Travers

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 6:53am
The nude Kaditchas are all finished.

Only one full Set, this year

The coloured Kads will be a few weeks away.

Beer

Travers

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 8:46pm
Yesterday's gale force winds put a halt to any thought of painting!  I managed to get the base colours on, today. 

Hopefully, I'll get the stripes and patterns on tomorrow. Also have to put soldered tow wires on the nude Kads.

Beer

Travers
Kunde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kunde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 8:49pm
Wow they look great.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 10:47am
The nude Kads are getting close!  They got about 12-15 coats of clear, wet-n-dry sanded, 'signed' and another 8-10 coats of clear. Now it's time to dot the eyes and give them another couple of clear coats.

There's much more work in the nudes than the painted lures but, this year, I've got the nudes fnished before the painted lures. 

The rest of the Kads are undercoated and ready for wet-n-dry sanding. I should get started on them tomorrow.

Beer

Travers
rocco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 10:01pm
looking good travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 5:13pm
A sad thing happened to that 200-300 year old Red Cedar Cry Undercoating has started.

I still need 9 people to let me know what colour they want their Kaditchas painted Big smile

Beer

Travers

Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 8:47pm
After hours of mind numbing sanding, the Kads are ready to undercoat.

Other than the nude sets, I only have 3 people who have told me what colour they want their Kaditcha Sets painted.  Time to give the colour scheme some serious thought!!

Beer

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:05pm
Kunde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kunde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 6:45pm
Thanks mate, will flick you a message.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Kunde Kunde wrote:

Hi Travers,

Given that it’s a nice timber being used from the school, what are your thoughts on painting a semi-nude?

Chris

One of the sets has been ordered as a semi-nude.  Still trying to work out how to do it. I think the only way is to clear coat, as a nude, then do the coloured section without getting paint on the bib and nude sections.

Beer

Travers
Kunde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kunde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 1:19pm
Hi Travers,

Given that it’s a nice timber being used from the school, what are your thoughts on painting a semi-nude?
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by al49 al49 wrote:

hi travers ,you have some great looking timber there .in your top pic you have the timber stacked with numbers in each piece ,what are the numbers for ,looks like dates ?

G'day Paul   

The THS is for Tenterfield High School and the 1887 is when the original school building was built. The original building is at the front of the high school and was renovated in about 1990. I bought 2 of the original cedar doors, from the old school. It's cedar, from those doors, that is used for these Kads.

The other number is the thickness of the timber.

Beer

Travers
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 8:28am
hi travers ,you have some great looking timber there .in your top pic you have the timber stacked with numbers in each piece ,what are the numbers for ,looks like dates ?
it a lot better world if you just smile
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 9:54pm
Hi Travers

These are made from the old school timbers? I think we'd previously chatted about nuding them up and if it is the special timber I'd like to see the grain, so please nude them up for me. If the timber isn't the special batch I'd like that metallic purple with black hoops like that skinny kad you recently put up for sale.

Ropes
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 8:45pm
Progress report!  The Kads that will be undercoated and painted have now been glued.  Still need final sanding, before undercoating, but it's time for people to start thinking about colours and letting me know.

Just started gluing the Kads that will be clear coated, as nudes. 

Progress is slow, but I'm getting there!

Beer

Travers
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 10:19pm
All of the Kads have bibs cut and fitted and wires fitted and are ready for gluing. We've had perfect painting weather, for the first time in about 8 months, so I've been busy painting lures that were undercoated before Xmas. Hopefully, I'll get the Kads glued in the next week.

A few people indicated that they may want the 4", 5" & 6" Kads but I'll need firm orders before I'll start carving them.

Beer

Travers
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:16pm
Nice old timber
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 9:50pm
G'day Travers

What happened to a Mulwala set? As discussed, if there is anything originating from Mulwala I'd be keen to grab it.

Cheers TB
Kunde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kunde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 8:15pm
That is beautiful timber Travers.
Andymac1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andymac1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 6:34pm
Would love a set next year if still being made
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 6:21pm
Looking good mate..your big trip sounds like it would of been awesome...I'm jealous
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 6:00pm
Hi Travers as always I'll work with you in that I'll take whichever set you allocate me for my 2018 set. They all look great be the way. That Boomer is a serious piece of kit! I bet the new owner will tuck
it into bed for a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic