LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > Charitable Auctions/Sales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fishing for Fodder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Craft Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fishing for Fodder
    Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 3:47pm
I was thinking of how to assist the farmers hurting from the drought and thought I'd challenge the lure crafters out there to put up a couple of their lures to auction with proceeds going to their fave drought charity. Proof of donation via a receipt posted after the auction. Thought a good name for the challenge would be "Fishing for Fodder" and would be a win/win for all, you get to donate to a good cause and get some unique lures for your bucks if you win the auction.

I'd like to kick it off with 3 CRAFT nudies in different timbers, signed and dated. Proceeds to go to Buy a Bale.

Auction ends Monday 27th August 2018 at 1700hrs.

Lures are top to bottom: Hoop Pine, Western Red Cedar, Red Cedar.

Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 4:59pm
I'm keen.....send the lures to you and you auction off?
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
Craft View Drop Down
Craft Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 5:03pm
Was kind of hoping everyone would do their own, Blinky, but let's see how this one goes first.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 5:53pm
Nice work Roy!   

I will kick things off with a bid of $50

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 5:56pm
55 for a good cause
Craft View Drop Down
Craft Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 9:08am
$55 and 1wood has it at the moment. Any advances on that?
kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 9:47am
This is a good idea and needs to be supported. I bid $150.00  Regards, Ken

Craft View Drop Down
Craft Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 11:02pm
Great bid, Ken. Anyone else?

Craft View Drop Down
Craft Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 1:59pm
4 hours to go. Ken's looking good for the goods.
Craft View Drop Down
Craft Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 6:10pm
Congratulations Ken - you get the lures. Thanks to everyone who put in a bid - I must confess that I thought we'd get a lot more action than we did but with Ken's heroic bid of $150.00 it is still a good result.
Ken, I'll pm you for details.
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 8:46pm
I must also confess. I didn't think I missed much that when on in this forum based on the frequency that I visit, but I obviously don't spend as much time as I thought I did because I missed this. 
I can only assume that given the amount of posts that people put up during the coarse of the day that it quickly disappears from the main/front page before the majority of people can see it. Perhaps running the auction for longer than a few days might see more users viewing it. Just a thought.
Its a good idea so ill have to see what I can do to contribute.

Dan
Dan
Craft View Drop Down
Craft Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 6:28pm
Thanks everyone - particularly Ken. The receipt for the donation is below.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic