LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > WA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenterfield Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenterfield Lures
    Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 8:54pm
Hello, I joined this forum as my father has given me a few Tenterfield lures, made by Trevor McFeeters, as he is no longer able to fish and I have suddenly been offered a fair bit of money for one and I'm not sure if they are worth what he is offering? I have a Tenterfield Tiger 200 1988 vintage. Its in good condition however has a couple of minor scratches. I don't want to sell it only to find out my father has been ripped off. 
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 10:37pm
Post a picture but if it’s an Aussie 200 it’s worth a couple of hundred if good condition if not more.
Also depending which size but the colour sounds interesting
Stef View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 10:46pm
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 7:25am
Hi Stef

Welcome to the site.

I am not a collector but when someone is parting with good money at least two sides and top view minimum of a lure.
The more photos the better.

Placed a long a ruler helps to work out what size / length as well.

Regards  John

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 10:05am
Stef from that picture $250 Min in the open auction sites but private sale may be a little less.
From your deseiprion and that picture you can see it’s in good condition , it is a very common colour also.
Scarce colours would maybe fetch better coin.
Good luck
Stef View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 11:30am
Stef View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 11:33am
Thank you for your help! Very much appreciated! The man was not offereing anywhere close to that so I’m glad I looked for advice. I like fishing but i have no clue about lures other than how to use them (sort of 😂).
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 1:53pm
There are really nice people on here that will give you good advice.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 2:05pm
maybe you should have the other lures looked at as well........mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Stef Stef wrote:

Thank you for your help! Very much appreciated! The man was not offereing anywhere close to that so I’m glad I looked for advice. I like fishing but i have no clue about lures other than how to use them (sort of 😂).

Stef,
If that is a bad scuff/scratch down to the bare timber in the side I would decrease the value somewhat. Very good to mint condition will always bring better donllars.
Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic