Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Messing around in Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kayak Electric battery?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kayak Electric battery?
    Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:14pm
   Hi Guys, question for the members who fish from Kayaks, I have 3.9m kayak fitted with a Watersnake 24lb electric motor. I bought it about 3 years ago and due to shoulder problems it has never been in the water yet. I'm about to buy a new battery to run the electric and sounder off, I don't want to buy a bloody big heavy battery for it, so I was wondering what most guys use battery wise. Brand, size and most importantly what sort of running time you get. Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
Toharsu View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toharsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 5:53pm
Hi Warren,a battery of 90 amp hour minimum would probably suffice. You do not say where your are using the canoe,tidal,dam or fresh water creek locations. I have a Minn kota 32 lb,variable speed with "maximiser" on a 3 metre 45 kg alloy punt. On a day with NO wind, the 90 amp AGM battery lasts about seven hours plus. This is traveling at less than six km per hour 90% of the time. A suitable charger needs to be purchased. To get the maximum battery life connect charger to a timer so it charges for 2 hrs every day when not in use. Hope this helps Ian H
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 10:36am
i dont use an electric on my kayak myself Warren but i know guys who use small deep cycle batteries. i will try to find out for youThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:13am
Thanks for you help guys.

Cheers Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic