LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inknowns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inknowns
    Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:06pm

Two timber unknowns  found on a recent trip.  

Any info guys.

Thanks

Jobbo
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:25pm
Hey where did you find these. I reckon I know who made them.
Dan
jobbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 2:57pm
found at Burrinjuck dam

Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 7:09pm
Dan
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 12:40am
Danny

Do you know who the maker is or are you just showing you have the same thing?
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 7:53am
I’m pretty sure the lure in my pic is the same lure found. Made by a good friend of mine Dan Bromham from Wagga Wagga in NSW. He used to live up here in Weipa. He said he lost those lures 3 weeks ago, 1 to a snag and 1 to a fish that bricked him.
Dan
jobbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 2:05pm
Hi Danny

you are pretty well spot on the orange gold lure has the DB initial under the tail.

Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 3:27pm
I started making lures a couple of years ago and Dan took an interest in what I was doing so I showed him what I knew at the time ( the basics) and now he has he’s own addiction.
Lol. I warned him.
Dan
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 7:50pm
Shit Jobbo ,took ya 3 weeks to find them
Certainly is a small world Chances of you finding them and then finding a guy in Weipa who knew a guy that made them and lost them from Wagga Wagga and you are in Wollongong Small world
Cheers Kimo
Forgot to mention Jobbo I lost $50 in Adelaide on the cup the other day if ya happen to come across it give me a call   
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 8:12pm
Dan
jobbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 7:46pm
hey Kimo , you are right about the luck bit, but in this day of social media and sites like Lure lovers it is certainly making the world a smaller place.

I am heading back up to Burrinjuck in 4 weeks for a bit of cod fishing, so I will be doing my usual bank walks , searching for lures and other lost treasures when the fishing is slow. It is amazing what you find when the dam level drops. This last trip we found 5 rods , two reels , outboard motor parts and a tackle back and only 14 lures. the best trip so far was 52 lures.LOL
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:16pm
Ya defiantly right mate, All adds a bit of mystery & adventure to an already enjoyable pastime.
Cheers Kimo
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:07pm
Wow that’s amazing.
Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic