LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Painted By Carl ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Painted By Carl ?
    Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 3:00pm
Hi
I did not want to crash an existing post but noticed a Popper identified by Handbrake as a Kingfisher painted By Carl.
Iv had these in a box for a few years and never done to much on them as I just had them labeled Kingfisher timber alongside the molded ones.
Since reading the other post I have browsed Lure Hub and I am hoping that these are also painted by Carl from the same era
I tried to get pictures of the bellies but they did not turn out clear enough.
Hand written on the belly is Kingfisher Steely and Kingfisher Fat R`s.
I can read it clear but it just did not photograph
Cheers & Thanks Kimo
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:57pm
I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that Carl painted all of the "pretty" kingfishers because Gordon Fallon was not very good at painting. 
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:54pm
Yes Kimo both painted by me, around 1986 from memory.

Martin you are improving Thumbs Up and yes you are right. All the Kingfishers that came out of my shed in
Cooktown were painted by me. Gordon also could not dot eyes, all Kingfisher eyes were sprayed through a template, very easy to recognise. This then means that all moulded lures after Cooktown that have dotted eyes were not done by Gordon.

Now youse can all get your Kingfisher popper collections out and sort em properly LOL

Gristy
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:12pm
Thanks Guys
Kimo
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 12:08pm
Suspected you may've been the artist Carl. My one and only with sprayed eyes, Pop 'R' model.
"Always Merry and Bright"
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:14am
Not mine Seaweed, after Cooktown.

Before Cooktown was all Candy style paints,very basic, clear coat was supposed to be a two pack but did not appear to be the same type product as the 2K's that myself and Leads etc were using. I have a feeling Gordon thinned it down too much.  
Also all nose faces were straight angle cut with no recess. Yours should have a recess in nose.

Maybe I should do a sort of bio or whatever ? on Kingfisher re what I know with my involvement in it because it would appear not too many people out there know too much about the earlier years ? 

Gristy
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by grey nomad grey nomad wrote:

Not mine Seaweed, after Cooktown.

Before Cooktown was all Candy style paints,very basic, clear coat was supposed to be a two pack but did not appear to be the same type product as the 2K's that myself and Leads etc were using. I have a feeling Gordon thinned it down too much.  
Also all nose faces were straight angle cut with no recess. Yours should have a recess in nose.

Maybe I should do a sort of bio or whatever ? on Kingfisher re what I know with my involvement in it because it would appear not too many people out there know too much about the earlier years ? 

That would be good Carl. It would give myself and others more of an idea about our KingfishersClap
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:21pm
Hmmm, you've got me wondering where I got it now Carl. Thought Peter Fooks sent over along with an order of your hand-signed C-lures, a couple of MC's and an MM by Peter Munt, would've been around 1988. I'd just returned from working in Gove, where I found the Quickmatch lures, one of which I sent you. Peter sent me a brochure from the LureShop and I sent back with my order highlighted.
Yes, has a cupped face, signed and sprayed eyes, only one I have.

Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:20pm
Maybe you is getting brain fade Seaweed Confused  Ermm cause it not hard to work out LOL.

Gordon was back down Brissy ? way by 88 and pumping out better finished poppers with fluoro paints. 
Obviously Fooksý musta been buyin them direct off him ?? WinkSmile.
Gristy
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 11:04pm
Hey guys I`m a South Ausie, don`t take much to confuse the sh*** out of me.
Really think Carl`s idea to put it all together in a Bio,?? hell no this guy has done to much Short Story to clarify, brain fades, and other older age factors.
I`m sure it would be worth a read.
No offence intended Seaweed you would have forgotten more than I would know about it and there is probably a lot like me that would appreciate the history.
Cheers Kimo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic