LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Deception Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yabby(Cherax destructor)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yabby(Cherax destructor)
    Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 9:37am
Back around 2017 Paul started releasing some updated editions of his well known and ever popular Yabby/Cray style lures. These latest versions have been released under the name "Destructor" and to date there have been models done with body lengths of 50, 60, 75, 80 and 100mm respectively. Last week Paul added a 125mm model to this selection which are fitted with a one piece wire through bib. These are tough-as-nails big lures with an overall length of just under 200mm. The photo below shows my small sample that I selected from the range of 12 spectacular colour patterns available.
Regards,
Col

al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 10:38am
sensational looking lures ,the finish is amazing 
it a lot better world if you just smile
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 10:43am
Wow Col, they look sensational, as always brilliant photo!

brendan t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 8:16pm
kaboom
brendan t
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 9:50pm
If anybody is interested in securing some of these wonderful creations, I know they are available in store at Lake Mulwala Fish Camp Ski who are happy to post out. Call Vanessa on 0357 443133 if interested.

Cheers TB
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:22pm
Paul's Destructor range has now been extended to include a massive 150mm version with an ally bib. These were released as a very limited edition of just 30 lures and painted using 5 of my personal favourite colour patterns. I was delighted to secure a set of these giant Destructors and was particularly touched to also be offered a spectacular nude with a simply amazing grain pattern. Thank you Paul and Cheryl!

Regards,
Col

ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:25pm
That natural color with the big bloody spot is dynamite!, bet that will catch the fishes eye!
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 12:37pm
This photo is an attempt to illustrate the extremes of the size range for Paul's Destructors. The long and the short of it if you will. While the mega ones are very showy and eye-catching I still keep getting drawn back to the cute little 50's.

Regards,
Col

ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 7:00pm
Clearly you have illustrated my lure envy for all those fantastic crankbaits. You are a lucky man Col!
brendan t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendan t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 5:13pm
kaboom kaboom
brendan t
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 8:23am
In recent weeks I've been working on expanding my collection of Paul's Destructor lures. In particular, I've been chasing some of the "chunkier" versions that were released back in 2017 under the name Destructor Fat Boy. To date I've managed to locate two sizes(60mm and 80mm) but also got myself sidetracked with some standard 100mm models due to their spectacular paint work that I found "simply irresistible".

I'm still chasing one colour if anyone can help. It has an olive green base colour with an overlying tan lace pattern(see photo below).
Cheers,
Col

HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 5:53pm
Amazing collection Col, thanks for sharing! Clap
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 6:43am
"Destructor 75mm" - April 2022

My small selection of Paul's latest 75mm Destructors. These came from a batch that were painted using 12 old school patterns and fitted with the same bibs as those used for the original Deception "Shrimps" back in the day.

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 4:30pm
A mounted Destructor 125 that was a special release at the 2023 Lure Expo.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic