LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM lure
    Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 12:56pm
STICKO

Nobody Wins unless Everybody Wins
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 1:57pm
Mate, I reckon that one might be an FM lure from Palmerston NT. Is it 5" long, timber with a sort of angled cut tail? Some also, like the one I have, FM Lures hand-written under bib.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Craig View Drop Down

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 7:05pm
agreed
Tagged and released
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 8:26pm
Thanks Tony, that solves a puzzle I've been wondering about for a while as well Thumbs Up

Do you know how long the FM lures were made for? The ones I've seen seem to have a fair bit of age to them.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 10:32pm
Mate, as far as I can recall (mind going), they were made for a short period during the mid 80's.
A good mate put me onto them, still have a black/silver and a card somewhere. I'll dig both out in the near future and post a new topic under NT lures for you all to see. Have a few other NT makers I'll post up as time goes by. These were all aimed at the local barra, so probably a small number at the time on the market. Don't forget, in those days it was Nilsies or nothing, until the Aussie makers came on the scene.
Regards, Tony (Darwin, NT).
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 11:43pm
Thanks Tony, I look forward to looking at them when you get a chance.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
sticko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 8:29pm
Hey Tony the lure is 4 and a half inches long it has no writing on the bib , but the tail is cut on a angle.I thought it was a Dempster because there is a lure like it in the QLD lure section under George Dempster. 
Thanks Sticko
STICKO

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 10:17am
No mate you have an FM there, distinctive paint pattern on sides in all the ones I have seen.
Must drag mine out and take a pic, been a bit busy of late.
Regards, Tony.
sticko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sticko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 12:47pm
Thanks for you'r help Tony cheers Sticko.Smile
STICKO

Steve B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 5:56pm
A good friend's father used to make these lures, FM stands for F@&$:!g Magic. My friend's Dad died many years ago. We were out fishing today and talking about the need to get a bio up on this site, I will compile something and upload it soon.
Cheers Steve
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 9:58pm
Cool,thanks, will be an interesting read I'm sureThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 10:56pm
These lures look cool....will be good to learn more about them!
cheers steiny
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 9:59am
Balls View Drop Down

Scurvy Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 5:01pm
G'day all

I don't recall the guys names who were making the FM lures, when they were making them they had a small shed in towards town, they had a rough copy lathe to turn the blanks down out of stock that was fixed in place. The copy lathe they used was originally made by a Chinese man who owned Yees Hobby shop in Darwin, he was a pretty clever bloke with a lot of gear but couldn't be persuaded to build seperceded models. Anyway when the FM lure blokes sold the copy lathe to another person, he added a heap of improvements to the machine for both accuracy, speed & safety, but to my knowledge he didn't go on with making lures or selling FM's lures & or his own patterns, its still out there somewhere waiting to be snavelled by another lure maker, you still see the odd FM lure floating around, cheers Balls.
Scurvy Dog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic