LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > D.I.Y Moulded Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plastic moulded lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plastic moulded lures
    Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:29am
A few different shapes sizes and colours including clears available 80's .

Small screw required to attach hooks or split ring and hooks. Thread goes all the way up the stem.

Some open.    Small ball bearings placed in side loose to rattle.

Regards John

Hillster View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 10:58pm
Question:  Are the clears solid or hollow ?
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 12:48am

ok not sure here Hillster but as a luremaker who uses polyurethane  a fair bit i'd say the white ones are polyurethane with micro balloons(not hollow but bouyant) and the clear ones are a special polyurethane that dont float but may be hollow,hope this helpsBig smile

cheers chris
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 3:39pm
They are all hollow obtained from US or Canada around mid 80's . I must admit was not exactly impressed did not do a lot with them.  The small yellow ones may have been solid.
regards John
Hillster View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 8:41pm
Cheers for that. 

Hillster View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 8:45pm
Oh yeah I noticed the figure of 8 tow points in the lower clear pattens, can these be bought or is the twist around the nail trick the most common tow points you guys use ? 

I am building small 35mm - 50mm pattens so thought that the screw in eyes would be a little large for my current application.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 9:29am
Hillster and puglee 62
I will  put some photos together of the insides and post up tomorrow I will also try and find the invoice saw it around a month ago .The tow points were bought at the same time. They may still be available.

Regards John
Hillster View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 10:51pm
Thats great cheers John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 11:56am
Slight delay ,some car troubles photos Tomorrow.
regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 5:26pm
The smaller yellow flat fish is solid the other larger one already stuck together.  All the other ones are split in two.  Some I have taken  photos  of to see the internal workings . At the time they were emphasizing that the screw went all the way to the head  (maximum grip).
Some blades acquired at the same time.
Found these two flies hidden for 25 years odd  (Beetle or Ant).
Bought some from Real Pro s Sportfishing from Canada.
The others I believe from Jann 's looking for their catalogue.
Regards John
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 8:50pm
nice little collection there John ,nudie plastics is something not many have.those fly's look a little like girdle bugs
Hillster View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 9:44pm
Thats great to see the lures in half sections like that. What type of resin/glue would be used to stick the two halves togeather ?

Oh and I found the tow eyes like the ones used in this style of lure ( figure 8) on the Worths web site US.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 8:06am
I will check for the figure of 8 today. Started to run out of time to place details on site yesterday. Sun was sinking an shadows appearing in photos.  May even find the actual catalogues that I wrote for back then with the drawings and old prices. I am still confident it was Jann's Netcraft I think was the name.
regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 7:15pm
Hillster
Found some details in an E J Hille catlogue  1982 sold as connectors, (figure of eight) I think this is where I purchased some of my plastic bodies as well.. Two types of connectors one end closed and the other model, both ends open,having trouble trying to find some examples. They are only small.
regards John
Hillster View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 11:54pm
Thanks John.
I will Google and see what is returned. 
Regards Bradley
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 3:58pm
Information provided about connectors as at 1982.  Not sure that I believe a reasonable size fish would not force them open, maybe the treble  could be added and sealed in the lure for additional protection.  Only 1 cm long.
regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 6:07pm
finally found the open connectors.
Never opened had no confidence in them.
regards John
Hillster View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 10:16pm
I can see the concern for the open connectors. 
The figure 8's look to be ok. 
I would think that when you glue the two halves of the lure togeather then this conector/clip would be imbeded in glue as well as the clip clinging around the anchor pin in the lure increasing the strength of the tow unit  wether it be the figure 8 or the open connector. 
For larger pelagics then I would shy away from the opens for sure. 

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ? 
Hillster View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 10:25pm
Oh and EJ Hillie don't seem to stock them anymore Cry but Worthco do Big smile.
Got a quote to ship to Aus. $35 USD insured. 
Cheer Bradley 
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 12:24am
one end open fig 8's available from Janns Netcraft in the US as well.
www.jannsnetcraft.com/plug-parts/310311.aspx

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 8:18am
If someone is interested to try a dozen of either size you are more than welcome. Maybe they need a strength test first. They have been locked away in a draw for around 28 years may need some exercise , happy to post to anybody that may find a use for them . No weight and postage is a freebie. PM with postage details if interested.
Found some blades, fine coil springs,  and spinner blanks that were available at the time as well, will try and post these up at the weekend.
Regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 1:52pm
Flat fish style, only the shells are provided ,some solid and the rest two pieces.
  Found some more this time in a Trout tackle box have not used for 17 years forgot what was in it
all have come from either Canada  or U S A late 70's up to mid 80's

As can be seen a very basic paint job attempted
regards John

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic