LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying something new

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 7:34am
Nice Per and love the green colour on those other lures.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 3:31pm
Great read & pics Per Clap
Cheers, Graham
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:43am
Am trying my way at some Stick Baits fore Danish Sea-trouts in Saltwater. Made two sizes 100mm. aprox. 15gr. and 135mm. aprox. 18gr. Now thy are painted ready fore first clear cote.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU5sY08NVew

Knaek & Break
             Per 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:22pm
They look good Per. I saw the video of their action, a nice tight shimmy 
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 8:06pm
In 2016 I made the first proto type off this big metal Lure. Lost it under test, with out a back up and did not get into it again, until resently
Now I have made some again (with a backup) Big smile 
Made some test videos the other day
The Metal Lure is 138mm. long and made in 1mm. shets it weights about 37gr. Made in 1,5mm. it weights about 58gr. 

Also made a 72mm. model fore the Sea-trouts in the Danish Fjords 
In 1mm plate it weights 11gr. and in 1.5mm. 16gr.

Her is the 138mm. at walking speed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7yc3AAlnZM

And here about trolling speed 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jpcxVhpkOM

Here the 72mm. 16gr. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZbLD8XDISc

Knaek & Break 
              Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 7:55am
Pernille made some time ago a drawing off a Pikachu, and asked me if we cud make a Lure like it
Off course I took that challenge, and we started by making cardbord models off the parts, so we cud draw them on Abachi Wood. I cut them out on my bandsaw, and tonight Pernille sanded them with a little help from me. 
She will make 3 to start with. Number one to keep. The next to hopefull work, so she can catch a Pike on one 
I will put up the progress here 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:07am
Would make you happy Per to have her keen and in the shed. Look forward to seeing the finished product, you need a heater for Pernille....
Or just sand faster  LOL
whipit
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 8:35am
Will be great to see the finished product- LOL
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 4:35am
Been a long time since i posted something here
Making a bunch off 60mm. Bananas so nothing new, and then Smile
The 8 to the right front row is new, in that way thy are made heavy/sinking with 4 in normal bib and 4 in high bib 
Have tried to get some Sea-Trouts in the Fjords on Bananas, but the casting abilety is not the best, as there is more wind to cope with. 
Ouer Streams are closing soon, and dont open until marts, so there is time fore some Fjord fishing over the winter

Knaek & Break 
              Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 11:04am
That should get them mate 
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 4:39pm
Foil time 
Think the new gold candy foil from e-bay woks well Smile

Knaek & Break
            Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 4:55pm
Looks great Per!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 6:15pm
struck gold right there!Thumbs Up
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 8:33pm
Barra would love that gold flash - actually so would flathead, tailor and bass.
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 5:26am
I have been teaching Juniors at my local fishing club in making Spinners, spoons and wooden lures for some years
We were well underway in March 2019, when Covid-19 put an end to club activities. Now we think it was again possible to start with the young people and I have had 2 days this and 1 last weekend where we have worked hard to finish Some fine models have been made in colors and decorations as desired. So a very motley crowd of Lures Big smile Now they just need to get clear cote for the first time, glue the eyes that have been chosen on, 2-3 times more clear cote and finally the bib glued in I manage this at home in my workshop, as there is sufficient extraction here
when finished we will meet at the Stream, where I will show how to tune, and fish them.
really looking forward to hear if/when thy catch a nice Fish, as that is the best reward I can get Big smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 8:46am
maybe a few future top lure-makers in the making there p.j.. . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 9:12pm
Great to see Per, there's a lot of good lures coming out of there.
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 9:08am
Long time since I have posted some new here
WELL last year I made a model (KS-T) we use on Fjords and open coast. It is a slim long casting Lure that typical imitates a bait fish called a Sandeal latin name is ammodytidea. Made a 100mm. and a 130mm.  
The new model worked well, but almost in the surface, and have been giving some Sea-Trouts. in summer time, where the Fish is very active. But in the Autum and Winter where I do most off the fishing in Fjords, the Fish is not so active, and I would like to make one that goes deeper
The other day i made 3 x 100mm. second generation, where the weight was placed 5 mm. more in front. Tested them today, and thy did go a little deeper. But I liked to go more, so made 3 third generatin, where the weight got 5mm. more to the front. now the glue need to set, then i Bend the wire, so when i pure the Lead in, it helps secure it
Hope I got it right this time Big smile

Knaek & Break 
         Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 11:06am
Good luck with the third Generation KS-T Per! 

It sounds like your tune is closing in on the zone you want.  I imagine we'll see them hanging out of some  good fish's mouth soon! Cool
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 5:41pm
these will get eaten all your lures are good PerThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 11:30pm
What type of action do these have Per?
Is it like a slow wind and they wind like a spoon, or do you twitch them side to side (a deep walk the dog)? 
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:06am
Thanks all Smile
John I would like to have some speed, especialy in the summer/fall when the trout are more active in the warm Water
They walk slightly nose upwards and wiggle calmly along the entire length of their body. If I do a flip or roll quickly they hit to the side. When the spin stops, they vibrate towards the bottom

Knaek & Break
Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 1:49pm
Gee that's some weight there Per, they certainly would cast.
Good on you, you never stop thinking, I will be interested to see your results.Thumbs Up
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 7:12pm
I think we call that bait fish a sand eel and don’t generally use them as bait here . America uses them quite a bit but the shape of them are the same as our garfish. Everything lines eating garfish here. 
Martin-

kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 10:41am
Per, from the action you have described, these lures on the drop sound like they move through the water a little like a spybait. If that's so, then it may be worth considering adding a small propeller at either end. In the correct orientation propellers, as well as being additional attracters, can make the lure slightly back track on itself as it falls in the water column. That change of direction can sometimes help provoke a strike.  Regards, Ken.
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 11:03am
Thanks PJ.  Sounds like an interesting action.
Excellent thought Ken.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by kayargh1 kayargh1 wrote:

Per, from the action you have described, these lures on the drop sound like they move through the water a little like a spybait. If that's so, then it may be worth considering adding a small propeller at either end. In the correct orientation propellers, as well as being additional attracters, can make the lure slightly back track on itself as it falls in the water column. That change of direction can sometimes help provoke a strike.  Regards, Ken.

Concur with Ducks, that would be really helpful when the fish are shying away under a snag.
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 11:04pm
Thanks fore all the input Thumbs Up
Going fore the GOLD  Big smile

Knaek & Break 
             Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 6:03am
New sizes to the Banana range. 
Mal Par suggested I should make some smaller Lures to trick the Trouts in my local Stream, as i am losing them on my normal 60mm
Wel I toke the challange, and are in prrogress of making a 37mm and 45mm model, in both high and normal. Still prototypes, but lets see how it goes

The fishing got a little tough the other day at the bigger Stream Simestedaa.
Was going upstream in a corn field, and when i stepped out on a hill, this sight met me
But off course NO DINO CAN HOLD A FISHERMAN FROM HIS STREAM LOL

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 12:59pm
Did you see if you could lure it in with a banana Per?
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Did you see if you could lure it in with a banana Per?

Thought about it Martin. But it was gone when I got in range off a cast
So no Dino on the bugget list LOL

It turned out to be the top of a Spruce tree, wich has withered, that gave the silhouette ShockedConfused

Knaek & Break
           Per 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 9:58pm
thank goodness for that a velociraptor could have ruined your fishing for goodLOL.Those little Bananas will be a great lure PerThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 8:13am
The last Lure fore this year is a VIP Spoon made off 1mm. Alpaka soldered with 0,6mm. Brass
The Spoon  is fore the 2022 Junior in the lokal Fishing Club. It will be ingraved 
JUNIOR OFF THE YEAR TRENDAA 2022
I will be giving it to the lucky youngster first monday we meet again in the new year

Knaek & Break and a great New Year to you all Smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 8:51am
Wow Fantastic!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 1:41pm
Quality workmanship right thereClap
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>
  Share Topic