LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying something new

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 4:55pm
thats what I thought also.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 7:12pm
Yes.
Maybe spends the winter up North.
Good eating? Plenty of fish.
regards John
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by tooch tooch wrote:

Nice Lure Per, it would be good as a fly on some of the Pelagics
here in Aus...ClapClapClapClap....Pete.
Do you mean the little or te big one PeteLOLLOLLOL
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:15pm
I think both of them Per, What size are they???...SmileSmileSmile...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:28pm
The red&white is 9,5 centimeters and about 3g. So if you don't need to much distance, i think it can go on a fly rood. what class do you use 10-11???
The big is 21 centimeters with out the hear. Made on a Shark hook. Weight 38g. Think you need a little more than class 11 on that. And maybe a safety helmet as well.
I once nearly knocked my self down, using a Dog nobler ( led head on 10g.) Got it right back on the head.
Needed to sit for a wile, quit dizzy
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:32pm
Hi per, I think you would need a10/11 weight for the pelagics..WinkWinkWink
and I think you need a big rod for the other one as well...LOLLOLLOL
might be good for deep water jigging for big reef fish...SmileSmileSmile...Pete.

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:39pm

Hi Pete

How deep do fish after the Reef fishes. Is it on Pater noster tackle ore big Jigs. I have of cause seeing some of the film with Rex Hunt on Discorery channel years ago. But never got the feeling of the Dept
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:57pm
Hi per, Yeah paternoster rig or tie  a large jig head under the
the body of that lure send it down to the bottom and jig it
up and down... and then hold on...SmileSmileSmile...pete.

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 12:53am
Hi you all.
Finally i manège to get a Pict. of a new Frog i never have seen before Geek
Maybe it is a invasive species from Australian LOLLOLWink
It have been sneaking around my workshop some days. Shocked 
When i took the Pict. It was laying very still and flat, hoping i wouldn't see it
I am very curious to see what shape, and how it swims, when i get a god grab on it.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 9:18am
Interesting markings  P. J.
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 3:06pm
Nice Froggie Per, I have that trouble too they just won't stay in the one place...LOLLOL
Maybe if you make a mouse shape too...WinkWinkWink
keep up the good work..ClapClapClap...Pete.

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 9:19am
A little collection going to Norway tomorrow. Some are new models i havent got to try my self. Smallest 42mm. Largest 75mm.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:13am
They are beautiful P.J. How do you make them so fast?
Top rated,
Verlon
Baitman
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 2:04pm
wow i need sunglasses to look at those P.J,beautiful work mateThumbs Up
your frog looks like it has ancient warrior markings on it ,perhaps it is a Viking frog?Wink
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 6:22pm

Thanks Verlon. There is laying about 40 ours in front of this lot. So thy take a fair amount of time.

The Fish like lures is taken a bit more time. First because there i more work on making the tail shape, but mostly because it is curved very specially. Normally A fishing Spoon need to be straight to work, and not spin around. This Spoon is made twisted and have a "crazy walk" Retrieved normally it wriggle, but stop and it spins around. That way i can give the lure great variation. But the twist must be very accurate, or it will only spin around. So i am very patently, making the shape right first time 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 6:48pm
Thanks Chris. Thy just had the final polish, when the Pict. was taken. I had a problem getting the Pict. with out to much flach in the LuresWink
Yes the Frog is quite special, and perhaps you are right about the Viking relationsLOL
I have finished it, but onfortunatly the small Lake and Stream near i live, and were i use to try out new Lures, has being poluded. Some Censored idiot from the City, have pured poisin in the surface drain, that goes in the Stream to the Lake  Severel hundreds fish are flodind dead in the water. Carps about 10-15kg. and lots and lots of small Roach. "Dont think the Frog woud like to swim in that water" Thumbs DownConfused
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 7:00pm
sad to hear that P.J,I think these pigs are all over the world someone should make them drink the waterDisapprove
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 7:21pm
Last night i was out in my local stream (Trendå) testing this little 4g. Baby Frog that just have being born. The test went alright, the Frog did go as i liked, but no strike. There is only a few Sea Trout that have gone in the Stream. The rest is still at sea. We need more heat and along with that, some rain. these 2 things combine, and i am sure the trout will come.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 9:40am
Some new members of the frog family on the way.

Got my overseas lures put on a board to day. Thanks fore the swaps gays
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 10:56am
Quite a nice collection of beautiful lures P.J. Love them all.    Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up.
Regards ,
Verlon
Baitman
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 6:49pm
Yes verlon thy are all very special work. Don't think i can get my self to use any of them. Thy are just to beautiful. Am very glad i became member on Lure Lovers, getting contact with so many skilled and generous Lure makers. I haven't got nearly as much Lure making contact here in Denmark. Only the very generous gay, who taught me the skills at making molded Spoons, about 5 years ago. (that i will be forever grateful fore) Now there is some making there one Wooden/plastic Lures and Spoons. But we don't have any special Lure making forums on the Internet.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 7:15pm
we are all a bunch of gaysLOL
gotta love the translations.

nice bunch of lures there p.j from a nice bunch of guys, good to see local handmade aussie lures making their way around the world.
Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

we are all a bunch of gaysLOL UPS SORRY ABOUT THAT EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedConfused  
gotta love the translations.

nice bunch of lures there p.j from a nice bunch of guys, good to see local handmade Aussie lures making their precence around the world.
Jas
Thanks Jas.
Hope to get so many, i dear to use them. Can tell some of the Aussie lures, are just not suite bull in Denmark. But there are one or too i would like to try out.
Have a very nice day
from the GUY in DenmarkWink
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 7:23am
Just a bit more playing around.
A good naboer is moving across the country. As she like to fish, i thought a little present was in order. It became the first Frog i dekorated in that size, and here name on the back. Made as keyhang.
The second is the largest Frog. Think it speaks fore it self, and wil go along with some other Lures of mine. To a sertent person in australia in a short time.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 2:10am
 Hi all
Here i am again, trying something new. Ever since i first went on L.L. i have had the idea to make this Wooden Lure. It is inspired of a Spoon i make, and have caught a lot of Trout on. Have just finished it, and need to put clear cote on. It is made in Fraxinus Exsélsior weight 570 kilograms pr. m3
Had the idea of trying it without bib on. But is very unsure where to put the tow point, and Hook hanger/s. so it will dive a bit, and not tip over. Maybe it need some weight inserted. Any ideas to get this Lure going, i will be very thank full of.
                                                                SIDE VIEW                                                                    FRONT

FRONT                                                        BOTTOM WWII

FRONT                                                      TOP VIEW

FRONT                                                         SIDE VIEW

FRONT                                                SIDE/BOTTOM VIEW

FRONT VIEW

BACK VIEW
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 11:03am
Hi Per, What sort of bib are you going to use
poly or metal ?? if you  use a metal one follow the contour of
belly at the front and put your tow point about 6-7mm above
the bib . You might have to do a bit of trial and error though
so maybe a few more blanks will help in that dept..
I like the shape though...ClapClapClap it's very unique...SmileSmileSmileSmile...Pete.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 4:39pm
thats going to waddle nicely, would be a good shape over here for freshwater natives...nice work p.j keep it upClap
Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 10:07pm
Thanks fore the info Pete.
Will take you up on more blanks. When not sure how to put bib and hangers in, better keep the first as it is, fore reference, and make some more to try out on.
I Regen it is the way i marked this Pict. you mean Question

Her is some Pict. Of the Spoon i made it after.
Maybe i will make it a bit smaller, and also make it as a Combo Lure Ermm

And another idea i got. Combo Frog. This is just ruffly made, but think it will work. 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 10:20pm
Thanks Jas.
Hope it will work out well. There is still a lot of experimenting to do.
I just stumpeld over some things i think you can use. Will put them in the parcel to you next week.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 11:37am
Hi Per, I like the bib position for the first one..WinkWink
But I thought you were going to put a spoon under it
and have the the bib come from under it also...
mate I love the frog idea I think it will be a good one..ClapClapClapClapClapClap...Pete.

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 11:43am
I like that frog..........best make another of them for Australia alsoWink
Jas

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 7:39pm
Hi Pete.
You thought i was making a combo on this one Smile YOU NOW WHAT,THAT I WILL DO. Just need to make a new larger spoon, that suits the Wood Unhappy 
Are going to make some experiment on the combo Frog the next days, and hope it will swim right.
Maybe try some smaller pieces of Wood, and put them on both side ErmmErmmErmm
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 9:04pm
Hi Per, If you make a bigger spoon for underneath the the diver
and make the front of the spoon come out like a bib on the front
that way you won't have to cut a slot for the bib to go in...WinkWinkWink...pete.

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 11:00pm
Who would now Jas Ermm maybe a SPOTTED Wink Frog cud be trained,to swim all the way to Australia some dayThumbs Up
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 11:18pm
Hi Pete
Yes that was an option. Maybe just make a bib to screw in at the front, still put a hanger to the line/hooks. cud also give it a try as combo Lure. That way i get the possibility to change the Spoon underneath, in different weight and materials. And the screwed in bib at same time. And that way change color/dept of the Lure. Actually only need one body, some different spoons/bibs and a screw driver, and i cud cower severely places on the Streams
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic