LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fly Fishing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show us your Fly bench.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 12:15pm
John . . . also for larger spools I know Gudebrod released a bobbin holder that was made for their individual spools of thread which were bigger and wider than standard tie threads.

MXB
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 3:56pm
I will take a couple more photos at different angles and someone may be able to work it out.

Thanks for trying

regards John
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 4:16pm
The is no opening at the other end of the black handle
Different sizes.

Would the post support a bulkier fly?

Two different metals available very light gauge.
regards John

tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 8:11pm
John, They look like some kind of cutter
maybe good for making mouse ears or something...SmileSmileSmile...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 11:00pm
Yes Pete, good idea.
  Different sizes, apppear to be reasonably sharp and will try on some soft material tomorrow.
Thanks for the idea is also broad at the other end to perhaps tap gently to aid the cutting motion.

Regards John
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 1:26am
Hi John
These Tools are Wing cutters. Mustly used to making wings on Dry Flies, like the one on the Pict. Cut 2 pieces and make a pair. Mice ears, yea why notWink

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 8:29am
Thanks P.J. 
Pete was on the money.
It is rather an extensive collection and a number of items are a little unusual

I am sure there are some other little treasures I may need guidance with.
Thanks everyone for your input.
Regards John
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 10:00am
Perfect for mouse ears . . . oh yeh

MXB
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 12:44pm
BUT if ya make the ears with them how will they hear????????????LOLLOL
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 7:45pm
Great pics of the first three Bob, are they green blotches on that yellow plastic background????????????????????????????????????????61
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:25am
Mr Viper  imitation Luderick flies to use when you run out of weed or for fly dropper if you are not breaking some state law.
Regards John
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 12:34pm
WEED FLY shane & they work on emBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 3:14pm
Bob  Yet to try mine that you sent me. I believe there are a few ludrick about in the Caloundra area at the moment. Would like the wind to drop a little before trying them.
Regards John
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 7:28pm
Here's my cave - lucky enough to have a whole room dedicated to fishing with this corner all fly. The vise is a Renzetti Saltwater Traveller 360 and the little tank up top is my swim tester tank. Pat.
Fool to the bream
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 8:52pm

Pat that looks a bit to organised mate LOL I mean I can see the floor Smile But mate it looks a great setupClap

Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 9:10pm
It was on a rare organised momentTongue that's why I added the side shelves I got given. Just spread the materials on there so the chair wheels don't run over them. If I can upload it I post the swim tank video that should get some interest. Pat ###nut not on you tube so can't post it.
Fool to the bream
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2011 at 10:42pm
nice work area Pat,no wonder you make such great flies!(or maybe your just good at itLOLThumbs Up)
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 5:26am
Thanks mate got heaps of flies to post and a few tips on tying and using alternative materials so I'll get organised and do some posts in the right context e.g. flies specific to species targetted. Here's the Gurgler production line one of those rare times when I put out a few before getting restless to do something else. Pat
Fool to the bream
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 7:10am
Pat Like the idea of the tank. Would be interested in some of the more unusual materials you have come across or have experimented with for fly tying. An old wet suit material depending on thickness you can create some interesting shapes, and the coloured stubby holders lend themselves to a bit of imagination . Great work area. Pick up some iridescent pinkish / red line i thought maybe suitable for legs, feelers or some sort of undercarriage.
Looking forward to see some of you other creations.
Regards John

PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 7:26am
Cheers John I just typed up a post on bass & toga flies omly to have it dissapear into the ether of cyber space. Took ages uploading then just shut down. Going for a bass spin fish now so will try again this arvo. Pat.
Fool to the bream
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

The is no opening at the other end of the black handle
Different sizes.

Would the post support a bulkier fly?

Two different metals available very light gauge.
regards John

You could make some cicada wings with those even if they are a little "stubby" punch them out of the table cloth protector vinyl or the sleeves you get Mustad Ultra Point hooks in. Just use a permanent marker to draw a "skeleton" pattern. I have some real cicada wings for this purpose but haven't got around to it - they haven't started singing round here yet but will be destined for bass and togas mouths. Pat.
Fool to the bream
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 9:02am
Here is a little tour round my "private" room.
In  the white plastic boxes i have Fears, tails and other natural hairy things. Feathers/bird things. Synthetic materials. In the Wood draws above there is a lot of different stuff. Tools, hooks, tread, pearls, tubes and so on.

Here is desk, where many creative things have being madeBig smile Above, some Norwegian Delfin Spoons. Mostly doublets to trade. Some are 100 years old.

Fishing gear, cloth and my rods

My Rods

Number 1 model of my Spoons. Some special ones i made, some old Danish Lures. etc. etc.

And finally. Some good memories

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 2:09pm
P J
Do you do a bit of surf fishing up your way decent rod in the  rod rack. Also exceptionally long cork mid section any reason for that.  Nice solid vice.
thanks for posting
regards John
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 4:58pm
Hi John.
The Rod with the long cork handle, is a 2 hand flie rod. at 14½feet. line 9-10.
That i use to catch "the really big Salmon and Sea trout, that i haven´t got yet LOLLOL"
The vice ( DAN VICE ) is really good. Takes all sizes of Hooks
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 8:56pm
Thanks P. J.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 6:28pm

ANYONE else into fur &fluff show us ya fly bench boysBig smileBig smileregards bob

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 6:37pm

my flybench gets used that often that ive bolted a lathe to itLOL.

nice set up P.J Thumbs Up
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 7:58pm
I made my frist fly not long ago not as hard as i thuoght it would be my son loved it & grabed it before me(BUGGER)second cast he dropped a 900mm golden trevally in TIN CAN BAY`s Snapper Creek!Blue & Gold tinsil called the Parramatta EEL
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:28am
ClapYA should tie 6 of em up & have another go at em ClapClapREGARDS BOB
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:47am
The Parramatta fly is true to name fish smash it but dont get hooked,,should have called it the Storm,,Gary
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:32pm
My son is just getting into saltwater fly fishing , he is out nearly every day waving the stick around , now he has rearanged my rod room so he can tie flys , and with my thread it is , do you need this one or this one , he is using a bench vice at the moment , but he has ordered a fly vice and a heap of other gear , I will post some of the flys he has made soon .
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:31pm
Lot's of white over white Clousers would be a good start going by your location just vary the amount of flashWinkWink Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 8:01pm
I THINK PAT your on the money mateWinkregards bob
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 6:16pm
SOME great set ups boys SO SHOW US YA FLY BENCH boys we got anymore crackerClapClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bobBig smile
Aussie-Native View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:46am
I'll be over to take a look at ya fly bench soon Bob, Malcohol gave me your number.
Been a bit busy with the sick grandkids.
I'll drag the ol man along
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic