Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > SA Lures > Bill Jackson
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another new paintjob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another new paintjob
    Posted: 05 May 2011 at 9:40pm
G'day,
This site has raised the bar for me. I look at all the magnificent lures made by true craftsmen and it challenges me to achieve a better item. I am slowly adopting and techniques and processes in an attempt to produce a better product. When I first started making John Daniels was my challenger and it was as result of his challenges that I even started making Lures. A chance phone call as a result of an Ebay purchase has achieved what John was able to stir in me. "A challenge. " After my visit with Cranky in Cairns my new challenge was set and as result of visits with Ron Gallo, Henry Hall & Jim McConachie I decided to hop back on the bike. Their lures were indeed inspiring. I am poceeding with challenges one step at a time. There have been more than a few disappoitments but from each flop a new challenge arises. This is a long preamble for me to show a new lure and paint job that I am particularly happy with as it was a challenge set to represent a particular baitfish which I hope I have achieved. Whatever I am very happy with the results and wanted to share it.

Billj

The older I get the more I learn.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:01pm
very very nice bill, barra catcher for sureThumbs Up your lures are very well done.
Will post a pic of the lure you sent me soon, I cant find the keys to my cabinetConfused
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
AROBBO View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
LollyPop Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AROBBO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:09pm
That is a cracking lure you have there mate, I agree with Jas barra lure written all over it!!!!
You have done a very good job with your lures and kept the scale a constant size the whole way through the lure.  If you want a barra added to you lure list next season i could give them ago for you at our little spot. Im positive they would work!
Great Job.
Cheers AidanSmile
EAT-SLEEP-BREATH-FISH
LollyPop Lures
matt5496 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt5496 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:11pm
Nice stuff mate

Great paintwork
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:00am
very nice bill great job, pearcey
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:19am
i think i can say for all that we are glad you did not give up on your lure making,that lure and colour shceme is very very nice thanks so much for sharing it with us.steven
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 10:49pm
At the end of the 2011 run off The guide I fish with tossed me a challenge. A large lure about 28cm similar to a diamond scale mullet but with an action like a big bomber.  The lure below was the result. It never surfaced on the trip I just had to Darwin so I thought perhaps it didnt cut the mustard. However to my my surprise on the next trip someone caught this 95cm (I am told) fish. Do you think I am stokedSmile

Billj
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 11:10pm
There's the ultimate proof right there Bill. lovely shape, great paint and obviously swam  a treat Thumbs Up

Cheers Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 6:27am
good work bill.....keep them coming
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 7:47am
Yee Haa , well done me old mate  Thumbs Up that is a ripper of a lure , and a very nice Barra .
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:53am
Shes a goer,barra the ultimate test not just a passs but a smashing sucsess,,Gary
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:05pm
looks good Bill, good result as well Thumbs Up

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
Poolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:32pm
I bet your smile is twice the size of the blokes in the pic, congrats mate it's a great feeling when someone lands a whopper on one of yours. I'm sure there will be a few people PM'ing now to get hold of one, Poolie.
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:34pm
Proof is in the puddin so they say. Big barra are not as easy to trick as smaller ones as I understand it so you must be happy with the result.

Great looking lure

Angus
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 10:52pm
Thumbs Uptop lure BJ, very nice. A small bib for it to be quickly worked thru the water and Aust salmon, mackeral, tailor as well or worked slower for mulloway
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 8:43pm
Bill i think you know more than what you think,beautiful lure and thats a fish of a lifetime too ,you should be proud mateThumbs Up
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 10:40pm
Chris I am very pleased with the result. I am looking at November in Darwin and have just made a new shape( for me) and color lures to take with. A big girl on my own lure would be good

Thanks Billj
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:42am
Bill i would be BIG KEVIN it,great looking lure mate and as the boys have said the proof is in the pudding mate with a barra that size caught on your lure...well done mate...

Mick!!!
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 3:45pm
WinkDitto from me too..Bill Great runoff lures for those nothern waters well done mate.....B.J.
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:58am
do you still make this lure bill?. my son does a lot of jew fishing and i reckon this would work. want to get him one for xmas. . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic