LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > Asian Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arafura

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arafura
    Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 5:35pm
Oz Barra 130.  No details on packaging where made, Asia somewhere?.
Some more market lures. Middle hook has treble on one lure and absent on the other, in packaging
regards John
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 8:06pm
John I've never seen these lures before.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
BlueyNT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueyNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 12:31am
Ropes,
I don't know where they are made , but I bought some Arafura split rings the other day from my local tackle shop (TW) and they are cr*p .
Packaging says "packed in Darwin" so I would suspect they come from Asia somewhere.

Not saying the lures are cr*p ,just my assessment of the split rings.

Kev.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 12:41am
Kev,

I've had problems with rings as well, but other brands. I've found they don't spring back after threading them on lures or attaching hooks to them. I assume you had similar problems?

Ropes
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 1:10am
Definitely asian made me ol' Choina

Gotta agree with the crap split rings coming in from china. only use them for attaching to tow points. Will be sourcing local made splits, they always seem more resilient to stretch, must be a better grade of SS.

Brad

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

BlueyNT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueyNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 10:06pm
Yes that's the problem  they stay open after threading onto tow point sand putting hooks on .
Did a google on Arafura and Lively lures came up .Not sure what the connection is there.

But also Arafura Tackle ,at Topend Imports ,came up I would hazard a guess that Top End Imports is brining product in from China and other Asian makers.

Kev.
I'm not young enough to know every thing .
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 10:15pm
Kev, Arafura is the 'house' brand of Top End Imports. They are also the NT agent for Lively Lures.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:34am
The guys have nailed it John

I'd like add that the Arafura Brand name should not be confused with the Lively Lures "Arafura Barra" model, which are an Aussie made product and are tough as Laurie's Old Boots so they handle a bit of brutal treatment well! Big smile

Heck they're so good I even got hooked on one! LOL

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:53am
Tony. I hope the barbs were pinched.
There were only two lures at the market .I thought they were probably made overseas but had not seen them previously in my travels, or could not remember any ads covering them ,age I guess issued over the last 8 to 10 years.Disappointing there was insufficient info on the packaging.
Re-visited lures details on back of packaging state "Floating, dives to 5 ft or 2 meters, idea for billaabong (as spelt on packaging) and flood plain fishing, shallow runner".
Has small barcode sticker with a group of numbers I not sure whether they could disclose age.

regards John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic