LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

introducing MINKA LURES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: introducing MINKA LURES
    Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 9:40pm
Will post some pics soon,
the BARRATROOPER and the POGUE......pics to follow....

think I put this post in the wrong spotEmbarrassed sorry, should be in the lure shed or somewhere....
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:16pm
classic is there for scale
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:26pm
Classic is there for scale.
1st one after the classic is a prototype barratrooper, paint dosnt look good in the pic, but looks great in the water, eap on a sunny day. Is very bouyant and has a great action, Im very proud of this/these lures.

next one i call a pouge. First thing my mate said is "looks like a river rat", so I dont talk to him anymore, it surprised me, has a very tight action, and needed no tweeking. Gets just on 2 metrers casting in a swimming pool, and again is very bouyant.great for bashing into snags, then floating up over branshes, then crash it again. 

Anyway, these are the first 2 models that ive settled on, I have other designs, but not the time to make em yet!

Still working on my painting skills, not good enough yet, these are sparkle paint, about 8-10 coats, then about 4-5 coats of spray clear gloss.

As i said, Im very proud of the barra trooper, my favorite similar lure is the LEADS hi jacker, I absolutley love them, they are my go to, shallow twitching lure , and ive caught thousands of barra on them. i rate this one as equal....(but thats just me!)
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:56pm
You should be proud of them as well, sounds like they have the required actions - and they work as well as looks goodThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:19am
thanks mate!
eyes are a bit funny,didntnhave, any black paint handy, and used texta, clear coat made them run, so they have crying eyes....they are only prototypes, hope my sister in lawn,can help, she is very arty...
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:06pm
Here is the "streaker" from some nice cedar that Gordon GBG sent me, thanks to him and the othe other generous LL members, including fininsurance and seagull for there kind offers and encouragment. Raffle raised a grand, woohoo!
Work mates are onto another xmas hamper rafle for nick now, to good.:

Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:07pm
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:24pm
another huge Thanks,gos to Barney, thanks heaps for all of your help, you know way mre about what im up to than anyone mate, hope i can paint like you sooner rather than later!
heres afew more barratroopers,the small ones are new, and swim like thorpey, im really happy with them.
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:28pm
seagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:43pm
They look look sick pitty i gotta turn my computer upside down to look at them LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL.There coming along great.

Cheerz Errol
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:46pm
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:48pm
lol,just had another go,upside down miss jane, i hate this tablet thing, will give it a go when i get back to the top end! thanks seagull!
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 11:02pm
Some nice paint work there Dave. Keep up the good work!
cheers steiny
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 11:06pm
I still really suck at eyes...to impatient i think, but ill get there...
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 11:34pm
Dave they look greatThumbs Upall of them. I use cotton buds for the eye's, works for me, thanks for the pics, regards Chris
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 6:41am
Dave, they look like barra killers for sure . ClapThumbs Up
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 8:05am
Wow, they look great.  The paintwork on those 4 on the plate looks perfect and love the timber on the nude.  Well done
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 8:25am
Thanks ringo,the little ones are about the same size as Leads jack. Bib was the same as a Leads, untill I accidently took to much off on the linisher, ended up about half the size, and circular, turned out to be a happy accident, cause swim like à bewdy!
The big ones are wired through, small ones pinned. Think ill end up pinning the big ones too, easier to get the tow point right.
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 10:22am
Dave there very Nice, I like them all Thumbs Up

Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 11:13am
Fixed the pics for you Dave Thumbs Up
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 4:30pm
Thanks Tony. Merry christmasSmile
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 11:47pm
They look great mate - top paint jobsThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 9:22am
Guys, ive gone commercial on the big model. The two big painted ones were made by my extended family in Indonesia,no a workshop,not a sweat shop. they are all hand made, and hand painted. the main reason im going o/s is that i cant make them quick enough to fill orders. I still make, and will continue to make them myself for people who want specific colors etc.
The other lures in the shot, shortys and nude are mine,
2RODS View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2RODS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 4:57pm
Dave I purchased 6 barra troopers from Craig.. Didn't know you made them ., have yet to see the other ones in the shop.. If you want to sell a few let me know... Always like a local lure... Might even get you to sign one for me ...
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 5:25am
mate,im home on news years day,back at work on the 6th. give me acall on the 2nd or 3rd, ,and ill make a few for ya.
Just had 600 bibs cutOuch
2RODS View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2RODS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 1:41pm
Mate I don't get back in till the 9th... Maybe after that.
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 7:38pm
Finally, after some painting problems, that was my weekend!
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 9:26am
You say Craig is marketing them for you? I'm away, but on my return I'll drop in and check them out, they look the goods, hope you do well with the local market. Last time I had a snoop I noticed Craig was selling Gidgee Lures for Tom also, great to see a tackleshop pushing Aussie timbers, rather than all that plastic pop-out product.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic