Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Forum Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australian Lure Expo July 28 - 29 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Australian Lure Expo July 28 - 29 2012
    Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:13am
As many of you may be aware we have a new big event on the calendar this year with the launch of the Australian Lure Expo at Fernvale QLD by Gary Fitzgerald (Fitzy) from Sweetwater.com.au

This sounds like it should be a good event to check out, and a great opportunity for Aussie luremakers to show their wares. There seems to be lots of interest amongst our members, I look forward to meeting any of you who might be able to attend. Smile

Originally posted by Lureshow.com.au Lureshow.com.au wrote:

The Lure Expo is a celebration of Aussie lure making. Old lures, new lures, timber lures, plastic lures or custom lures it doesn't matter; if it's Aussie made, then this is the place to see them.

For details on the event relating to what's on, exhibitor information, accomodation, and more please visit  LureShow.com.au

Click here to visit lureshow.com.au for further details

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 7:46am
Linky no work for me Tony !

Forbidon 404 thingy or is it just me ?
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:05am
No Tony/s

Wouldn't let in me either....Angry

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:40am
Nothing for me either Tony
The Journey is the Reward

rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:20am
All OK here. Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:22am
All good here too.

Gristy
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:24am
How good is this--I am up here to meet up with the guys on the 'NOT Made In China' stand and was wondering what was happening with the orginisation etc --good info.
I was in Fernvale on Tuesday snooping around and it looks like a great venue / town for this, very central too.
Thanks Tony/Fitzy.
Pete
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:21pm
Apparently the Lureshow.com.au website is up and running now - lots of great info if you are interested in the event Thumbs Up
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Sweetwater View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 10:07am
Hi Guys,

I had the site off line a few times while tweaking things. Is all pretty good now.

All info needed is there, of you've got any other questions don't hesitate to drop me an email or phone call. Contact details are at www.lureshow.com.au

Be good to see everyone there. Big smile

Cheers,

fitzy..
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 6:01pm
NICHOS MAULERS.......FUGLY LURES.....RAYNA LURES......OOGS LURES.....Will be attending the
"NOT MADE IN CHINA STAND"....After a bit of a reshuffle we will now be in...STANDS 16 AND 17 COMBINED......Just inside the main entrance.....
Hope to see a few faces to put to the names..........should be a great social weekend.

Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 6:19pm
I can't seem to get into the site .  Ian
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:21pm
working off both links for me Ian. Otherwise try typing the address in you browser search bar.
Gary has made some significant additions to the site, What a line up, and more to come Clap
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 5:36pm

Lure collectors whom are taking lures to the Expo,

I rang Brolly to find out who's taking what, I know I am displaying all my Mc feeters and some special lures of other makers to share .  But he has only been told about a few people. 

If anyone is considering taking Vintage collectables into the show it might be a good Idea to get in touch with Brolly and discuss space set aside in the tables booked for the Collectable lures. 

No use me or anyone for that matter doubling up on the need to drag along lures represented by another person. 

The main concern might just be available space. 

all the info is in the links and the contact persons to go with it. 

Cheers Tony  
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 6:59pm
Guys just a head's up to what I am bringing.
FNQ lures.Most of these will be older lures.
Lees,Boysey,JVN,Dempster,Moller,Damper Divers,Igor Zangrande,Maurie Brown,Gallo,Leads,Wild River,BK,JM,Barra King,Tinaroo,Mal Coffey,Bob Radlov,Munt,Tom Murray,C Lures,Edwards,Peg Lures.
Other lures I will bring.
Kevin Clark,Vipers,The odd Newell,RJ's,Reidy's,Elliot's.
I may bring a series of Bibless lures as well as a group of Poppers.
Some of the above makers I only have a few of to display.They include,Boysey's and Tinaroo as well as RJ's.
If someone else is going and has a good range of those lures it may be best if I do not take them.
I would be interested in comments for the others as well.As Tony said it is no good doubling up.
The idea of showing the general public some history and examples is a good one.
Does anyone have a good representation of Marz's lures they can takeHopefully Bob and Mencho and many others will be on display as well.
Is it worthwhile bringing a few old Secret Creek lures?
This is difficult.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:13pm
Wow Captain, that's a great selection of lures. 

Looking forward to seeing them in person.     I will have a special set of Kev Clarkes which I am sure wont double up on what you bring. Was speaking with Kevy and he's wrapped it will be on display. 

I am looking forward to this event and as the time draws closer I'm sure others will too Big smile
fishaholic5 View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Illusion Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishaholic5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:48pm
I'll have a selection of B.O.B's lures for sale at my stand Barry,

Cheers
Wal
Illusion Lures
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:00am
I just want everyone to bring whatever Henry Hall BarraKings they have, soas I can snaffle em LOL.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 11:34am

will these do Barry?

LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 6:25pm
Most of those are different from what I have Brad.

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 7:35pm
Had some thoughts whilst carving lures today,
What about if anyone is displaying a particular maker and needs help to fill some gaps....those that have smaller numbers of the same maker might combine theirs on 'loan' for the expo displays.

I have some Newell blanks and part carved bodies I will be offering to Brolly to add to his Newell display.

Get the thinking caps on guys and lets make this expo ROCK!!!!

Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 8:08pm
Great idea Brad.
I need to fill some gaps...(will I have to give them back)Wink
Laurie.
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 9:41pm
Laurie,Laurie,Laurie.Always thinking!

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 10:08pm
Return of gap filler luress is a given Laurie 58.....5 points for trying though Wink

loan noun \ˈlōn\

Definition of LOAN

a : money lent at interest
b : something lent usually for the borrower's temporary use

OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 10:11pm
Barry,
I am going down to lure expo and would be happy to lend you the Keith Boyse Lures I have to add to your display. If you ask MickNQ, he also has a good selection of Keith's, actually I have them at the moment, on loan from Mick.
Cheers,

Gavin
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 7:33am
Gavin that sounds great.I need to get them up here before I leave so as to get them into the display on Friday before opening but you may still be there by then.Between the 3 of us we can at least get a good display of Kieth's work.Thankyou for that.

micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by OCD OCD wrote:

Barry,
I am going down to lure expo and would be happy to lend you the Keith Boyse Lures I have to add to your display. If you ask MickNQ, he also has a good selection of Keith's, actually I have them at the moment, on loan from Mick.
I don't have a problem with that, got one the other day i'll have to drop off to you Gavin.
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 7:18pm
Guys you need to Tag your lures and get a pic as well.Barry

OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:17pm
Mick, any time in the next few days, I am off till Thursday evening. If you can't get to me let me know and I will come round. I will need to get some tags off you if you have any spare, or let me know where I can get them, I don't have any.
Barry, what will be the best way of getting them to you? Do you want some of the partially completed ones I have (made by Keith) as well or only finished lures?
Cheers,

Gavin
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by CaptainCranky CaptainCranky wrote:

Guys you need to Tag your lures and get a pic as well.Barry

and employ armed guards, armored truck, electric fences, infrared and movement alarms........

and that's just so the Cap'n stays honest Wink

fishaholic5 View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Illusion Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishaholic5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:42am
I talked to Curley Kennedy this Morning, Hopefully I'll have his Lures available at the ExpoBig smile
If there are any other small makers that want their lures on display or for sale in "Cottage Industry Corner" can you please contact me so I can let Fitzy know 

Cheers
Wal
Illusion Lures
Cunji View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member
RMG assistant troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cunji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 5:20pm
is Curley stil making lures?I have some of his lures.
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 8:36pm
Hi Folks,

All coming together nicely. I've been in discussions with Fishing Monthly about some advertising for the event.... There's something pretty special in the pipeline.
In the meantime, can anyone who is going to have lures on show, or lures on sale please contact me ASAP so I can:
A- add your lure name to the website, and
B- add your lure name to any magazine info if I can fit it in there.

Am trying to value add for everyone involved so will get the best bang for your buck by getting me the info.

Also, if anyone has a collection you would like to share with the world, please contact myself or Mike Gilbert (Brolly) to be included. There is no site cost involved for those who are in the collectors section and you get free entry / camping.

Seminars  / Demos
- Rod Harrison is coming along to do talks on Hook Selection & Rigging
- The Barefoot Fisherman - Dave Hodge called to say he is coming up from Tamworth to do some trick casting demos. Both of these fellas are donating their time to come & help kick off the event.
- Lure Carving Demos by Tom Barrett - Gidgee Lures
- Lure Moulding Demos by Kev Horsey - Horsey Lures
- Lure Painting demos by Brian from Power Lures

As of today, there's only a few sites left inside. So if anyone wants to come to promote your lures please contact me ASAP to grab a site.

Website has been updated to reflect the above & the updated list of confirmed exhibitors.

As always, thanks to Brolly, Brad, Wal for their support & also to Lurelovers.com

Cottage Corner
Can someone give me a list of those who are going to be on the Cottage Corner stand please?

Cheers,

Fitzy..
0423 464 311
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:02pm
been thinking should i go in the cottage corner ........ have tryed ringing fitzy a couple of times .... phone has been of everytime .....bugger ........should i do it or is there anyone in the cottage corner i could share a stand with ....... should have a fair few ready ......let me know thanks aaron
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by fletch fletch wrote:

been thinking should i go in the cottage corner ........ have tryed ringing fitzy a couple of times .... phone has been of everytime .....bugger ........should i do it or is there anyone in the cottage corner i could share a stand with ....... should have a fair few ready ......let me know thanks aaron
If you miss that number, call my work number 0408 725 405

Cheers,

fitz..
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 12:03am

Oh & don't forget that there is awards for:

Best Presented Lure (lure must be able to swim)
Best Ornamental Lure (arty lure, doesn't have to swim)
Best Display (as in a cabinet or board)
Best Stand (whole stand)

Nothing much, but a bit of fun for those who want a bit of fun conpetition. Thumbs Up Would be great to see those "special" lures or your "masterpiece"

Cheers,

fitzy..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic