LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Esoteric Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trout Parr

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trout Parr
    Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:17am
I love it when I learn something new and it opens up a whole new level of appreciation. While talking with Lofty(Ted) the other day the world of trout parr was revealed to me - and what a beautiful world it is.

Parr Marks so I discovered are dark, usually vertical, marks on the sides of young trout and salmon. The fish keep these marks until they are about 1 year old. A quick search on Google Images soon revealed many photos of these beautiful markings.

The penny then dropped for me and what in the past I had considered to be "strange" trout patterns on lures suddenly made sense. Canny lure makers had incorporated these parr marks into their painting schemes as they are an instant turn-on for larger predatory fish. Much like the use of big eyes on lures. These Ambush and Bennett lures show what I'm on about.

Naturally, Lofty was on to this and the following selection of some of his "Trout Parr" lures, though beautiful in their own right, are now looked on with much more appreciative eyes.

I realise that for experienced anglers this is old hat but for relative new-comers such as myself it cleared up a few things that I had wondered about.

Please enjoy these Lofty beauties that I hope to add to in the near future. And thank you Lofty for the new insight.

Regards,
Col

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:49am
great paint jobs
cheers steiny
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:29pm
They look great Clap
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:14pm
those ones of Lofty's look wicked Wink nice shapes Thumbs Up

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:23pm
juvenile trout look very dull in the water though(hence lofty's muted tones).the spots are definately a trigger especially in early autumn
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:17pm
I was delighted to add two more of these beautiful little lures to my selection today due entirely to the generosity of MXB (Roger).

It seems almost criminal not to fish lures that look as good as these with a proven track record for taking some monster Tassie trout. Lofty you have excelled yourself again.

Thank you Roger for your kind assistance it is greatly appreciated.

Please enjoy these gems,
Col

barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:58pm
They are beautiful lures Smile
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by barneyminno barneyminno wrote:

They are beautiful lures Smile

I will second that, some great work here-I like the top picture too, I have been trying to find a decent picture showing par marks for quite a while and that's about the clearest I have seen.
Thanks Col for posting.
This is the best pic I could ever get LOL LOL:

Made this one in 2008 (big- 11cm) swapped it Confused

This one smaller (7cm) made in 2010

I'm thinking I might have to go a bit darker and a bit more blue/purple here.
Pete

saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:32pm
Really liking the second one mate.
Keep up the good work! LOL
andrewparr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 12:27am
i like the names of these markings :)
A rod in one hand, a beer in the other. In an imperfect world, there are still perfect moments.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 6:37am
NICE TROUT LURES all round good thingsBig smileBig smileBig smileregards bob
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 12:06pm
some beautiful lures on this page,colors and tones are perfect for trout fishing.i think i may have one of your trout lures somewhere PeteBig smile
that's no how ye make porridge!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic