LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Soft Plastics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home Made Soft Vibes 150mm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home Made Soft Vibes 150mm
    Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 4:34pm
Hi ,
These are some of my home made 150mm vibes.
Ready to go fishing , comments welcome. Regards, Ben
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 5:35pm
I recon flathead would love em well done mate they look good Clap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 5:45pm
I fully agree with Mr One R the flaty will be all over them like dots on Jas`s lures,,Gary
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 6:50pm
where can i get some to throw at barra and jacks.steven
Ben75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 12:01am
Hi guys,
Really glad you like them. The fish like them too!
Pm me if you want some.
Regards,
Ben
D.Dads View Drop Down
Ron Davies Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.Dads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 8:15pm
they look great snapper wood realy go for pink ones Ron
toadfrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toadfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 10:42pm
That is a fine job . I think the stripers here would go for them .  I have never tried doing plastics with wire forms impregnated . Was it a pain to make the mold and forms .
You and I can make a positive difference in someones life every day if only for a moment.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 8:36am
Is there an internal weight for casting. Interesting design.

Regards John
Ben75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by D.Dads D.Dads wrote:

they look great snapper wood realy go for pink ones Ron

Hi Ron, I reckon alot of different fish will have a crack at them. I am sending a few down to Melbourne
to a mate that fishes hard for the snappers , will see how they go. I am surprised how many species this style of lure is capturing, its not a new idea , i just made my own version to suit bigger fish. Biggest barra to date is 98cm hand cast. its only a matter of time till the magic meter mark is cracked. Thanks for your comments.
Regards,
Ben
Ben75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by toadfrog toadfrog wrote:

That is a fine job . I think the stripers here would go for them .  I have never tried doing plastics with wire forms impregnated . Was it a pain to make the mold and forms .

G'day Toadfrog,
Thanks i'm glad you like them. I am not sure what stripers are but if they eat a bait fish you can bet your lefty that they will have a crack at these. It was a bit of a pain to get the internal weight in the sweet spot , but a bit of time , patience & tests drowning prototypes in the swimming pool it work out great.
Thanks agin for your comments.
Regards,
Ben
Ben75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Screamingreel Screamingreel wrote:

Is there an internal weight for casting. Interesting design.

Regards John

Hi John,
They internal weight is not really for casting, more keeping the lure on the bottom and action when sinking back when flicked up of the bottom of the creek. I look at this style of lure and compare it to live baiting when your not live baiting, if you know what i mean.
Regards,
Ben
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 6:58pm
Thanks Ben
fishtime View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 6:01pm
they look great
vass View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 11:02am
Zzzzz
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 6:13pm
BEN 75 do you sell these if so how much&many what coloursBig smileBig smile&strips etcTongueTongueregards bob
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:37pm
Very nice IDE love a couple of these how much are they ?
Thanks Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
Gaschy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaschy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:27pm
Hi Ben,

They look the go. The bigger profile should like you said hopefully attract bigger fish. What sort of plastic did you use?

Cheers, Gaschy

Jayr37 View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayr37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 9:17pm
I'm interest how you made up the mold for the internals of the lure. The lead and such?
Ben75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 8:47am
Some of my current versions
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 5:14pm
Look awesome Ben, cant wait to give a couple a swim !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 7:41pm
Ben how much are these lures????.Lofty
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 10:10pm
G'day Ben, Be happy to hang a few Clarence river jewies off them for ya Thumbs Up, Cheers Paul
Ben75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 10:40pm
Hi guys, thanks I am glad you like them. I sell these for $25 each with free postage to orders over$150.
I am making a large order up over the next week.
Regards,
Ben
Reptile View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reptile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 9:52pm
Hi Ben75, I'm interested in buying some of your home made 150mm vibes if you are interested in selling.
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 7:09am
Good luck with that !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Ben75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:12am
Sorry guys, been out of action for sometime.
Give me a call if your interested in some Gimp Lures.
Cheers ,
Ben
0429 319 249.
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 5:42am
Good lookin colors there a bit of foolin around doing double shots
been there done that,,,Thumbs Up great work
Ben75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Doc Doc wrote:

Good lookin colors there a bit of foolin around doing double shots
been there done that,,,Thumbs Up great work

Thanks Doc, your right there but it creates a nice effect, I am working on a horizontal break line in the pour at the moment. Lots of "fun". Glow in the dark on the bottom pour.
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 7:36am
Your moulds seem to be left and right side mould I use to cast a solid color cut it in half . Flame the join stick it back in the mould quick and shoot in the second color. Usually I cut below the tail as they tend to shrivel up when flamed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic