Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Attack Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some Attack Lures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Attack Lures
    Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 9:34pm
I've had a couple of Attack Gar Lures for a while now, but didn't have a clue who made them.

Here's some NIP Attacks that were in the bargain bin of a tackle shop

It was a great feeling to finally find out who made these very nice lures! OhYeah

In the pic below the top lure is the Bibless Gar, and the bottom is the Attack Poddy

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 5:09pm
THERE top shelfers TONY old mate buddy matey PAL matey bud bud buddy.nice lures man..WinkWinkWinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 6:10pm
I second the first and last three words of what BOB said.
The rest is a special moment between BOB and Tony.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 7:01pm
SIMON your me buddy too a friend with ZEALS is a bud indeed...WinkWinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 7:04pm
And a friend with no zeals is a friend in need right BoB?
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by bassnbob bassnbob wrote:

THERE top shelfers TONY old mate buddy matey PAL matey bud bud buddy.nice lures man..WinkWinkWinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Thanks Bob Cool

There's a talented Novacastrian Lure maker that has one of the Bibbed Gars I believe Bob - you may even know him WinkLOL

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 7:20pm
Looks to be the bibless to match your minnow Tony.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 7:44pm
MAAATE, where were these lures when they were being sold. Just love that gar shape.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
frenchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 7:14am
Goodaye Guys

I am trying to get a hold of Dan Mcgrath to restock the small attack lures in our store does anyone have a contact ours is no longer woring
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 8:55am
Jean-Marc, you've been looking under the wrong post, try Attack in the NSW section. Smile The last info I can find on Dan is from 2007. His address was 11 Craig Drive Bellbridge VIC 3691 Ph (02) 60264117 Seems stange to have a NSW phone number and a VIC address. Cheers Ian
Fysshe
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 9:58am
Had never seen this post before cause never had reason to look up Attacks.

Boy am I gonna throw a spanner in the works shortly Confused  LOL, soon as I can get some pic's done
and edited, but then maybe someone else will notice and do it for me ?? Big smile.

Ian, two totally different Attacks methinks Wink.

Gristy
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 10:20am
Yes Carl, QLD Attacks from Narangba and Dan McGraths from NSW. Smile
Fysshe
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2015 at 10:26am
You made that sound very simple Ian LOL.

Gristy
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 5:51pm
Hi all Peter Munt here.
All, yes all Attack Lures (Qld) were mane on my lathe with the majority of models my hand made patterns and designs, please tell everyone the truth
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 11:58pm
Hello Peter and I welcome your statements. There has been a bit of mystery surrounding these, cania bug and other lathed styles so thankful that you make it clear to us inquisitive collectors. I was told that Barry Neate did the blanks. Yeah or may.
My contact no is 0447058486.
Ps I have a nice selection of your early lures.
Debbie Dare.
Adz View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 8:07am
Yes Barry made all the lures on the copy lathe. My understanding was yes a lot of the patterns where that of Peter's origin and some unique or modified. This seems to be the case for a lot of other lure brands made on the copy lathe. Parts including bibs etc where mass produced and used across all these brands. Apart from this connection Peter was never physically or financially involved in Attack Lures and he sanctioned the freehold use of all relevant patterns and parts. I am happy for Peter to correct me if I'm wrong and nobody is trying to deny him his instrumental involvement and long running partnership with Barry.
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 3:47pm
I guess my physical input int AttackLures was the extensive time tha I spent with Barry teaching and passing on my lure making experience which I built up many years before Barry and I became Partners. Also my physical input into Attack lures was in the form of the hundreds of hours that I put into research design and development of lures and the manufacture of patterns, several of which were used/ made and sold under the attack name. I initially painted Attack lures for Barry when Attack Lures first started, at no cost,
With regard to financial input into Attack Lures, I allowed my designs to be copied with my patterns, I initially painted lures for Attack at no charge, I supplied the bibs for Attack Lures at no cost, I still own the dies used to make bibs for Attack Lures at no cost.
Hope this clears up a few unknowns.
Adz View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 11:47pm
I am not denying the truth but I am uneasy about the fact that you have jumped all over this forum implying that I have lied and misled people. On one post you say that you made lures for Attack but on another you say Barry (your partner) made them for Attack. You say you own the copy lathe so is it in your possession or is it not. I watched Barry make thousands of lures but I have never personally met you, so the truth is Barry made and assembled the lures. You allowed the use of patterns and parts for multiple brands but that doesn't mean you should come out after all these years so aggressively laying claim to every lure on this forum. I am not trying to gain anything I just have some great lures made by my late grandfather and the collaboration that people are interested in.
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:23am
Firstly if you are Darryl's son we may have met, in fact we may have fished together in Harvey Bay when your father bought a new boat??Secondly Barry and I were partners and as such had built and co owned the lathe, we were business partners and therefore all lures coming off the lathe, be they mine, Attack, Greg Munt,LTL were done with my approval and therefore produced by Barry and Myself. As previously advised I supplied and made patterns and the majority of bibs for all but LTL lures and some hand cut by Barry.
Hey let's tell the truth.

Adz View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:28am
That's all people want, the whole truth. No body wants to be led down the garden path with one line statements, they just want to be factually informed about the history. I've never claimed to know the entire story and history as I was only young. As I said previously no one has ever denied you due credit or both parties involvement in the operation, just the way you jumped on here and started bad mouthing people and being narky didn't help anyone out. I hope you are happy with this and there is no hard feelings, it was not my intention to start an argument with you.
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 10:43am
Hi Thank you. From before your grandfather and my very close friend Barry passed away until recently I worked on and managed cattle stations in remote parts of Cape York.
I lost all interest in lures and lure making and did not know of the increasing value of lures form a collection point of view.
I have returned to civilisation and have begun to take an interest, finding a lot of wrong information from the very early years until present.
I hope to soon have put up on Lurelovers the entire history of my involvement in the industry. This is extremely important as I see what people are paying for all makes of collectable vintage lures. They must get what they are paying for e.g. If it is a Moller it commands a very good price, if it is a Munt/Moller it is worth substantially less and so on.
People must know the truth when outplaying considerable money for collectable vintage lures and not pay for something that is not genuine. Regards Peter M
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:23pm
If you are Adam O'Connell I submit to you, I produced a considerable number of Lures for Carl Grist (C Lures) when he Owned the Lure Shop in Cooktown. Carl generously supplied bibs for the majority of the lures that he had me make for him for sale through his shop. I note that these lures are showing up on the Lurelovers site as Hybrid Lures. I feel extremely proud of this fact , hey my lures are linked with "Carl Grist of C Lures".
I put to you, correct me if I am wrong, all Attack lures would fall under the definition of "Hybrid" either through association of Peter Munt, Greg Mundt or LTL Lures , you may with to consider all models sold under the Attack Brand and make an informed statement to ensure that the truth is told.
Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:32pm
Sorry Pete, seperate issue but is there any chance you may have known Russell Jenkins from RJ’s Lures back in the day.
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:52pm
No I did not know Russell
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:14pm
Peter, I don't agree with you that a Munt/Moller would be worth SUBSTANTIALLY less than a pure Moller.

Yours is a famous name among Aussie luremakers ( similar to the McFeeters Newell connection ) so absolutely no cringe in publicising what happened on Eric's wishes.

If you had sold lures with your name written on them or on a printed card then you would be even more " Up There "
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:47pm
Whilst I do not agree with you, I am extremely humbled with it, thank you. It is my intention to put out the truth with regard to the Moller Connection, the Attack Lure Connection, the Mundt (G M Lures) Connection and the LTL connection. Once this is done I shall disappeared . Everyone must know the truth when considering purchasing any of the lures sold under those names. Once again I am humbled and very proud of your post. Best Regards Peter
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:54pm
Anyone who collects Mollers wouldn't be surprised by what you have said about your connection with Eric.
I spent an afternoon with Carl Grist comparing Mollers. Munts, oSullivans, Porter,zandagrands.
He is educating me on nth Qld lures.
I value my lot.
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:09pm
Hi murraycod , I am humbled and very proud of your response, if you are interested please contact me through Barry Cross and I would be humbled and extremely proud if I could give you a couple of my older lures.
Best Regards Peter
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:11pm
Peter, I think fame as a luremaker is completely in the lap of the gods and has nothing to do with lure quality. It was all about getting publicity in a fishing magazine.

These days the new young luremakers do their own publicity on sites like this and even more so on that bloody Facebook. 
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:20pm
Hi handbrake, I am surprised that Carl cannot remember the connection of Munt and Moller as I sold Moller Minnows to Carl that he supplied the bibs for, I guess that at the time he was not aware of the connection, maybe he cannot remember back that far???I I had the approval of the Moller Family through Eric's son Ian, to name the lure, Moller Minnow". After Carl sold the shop subsequent owners/managers sold the same lures under the same name as Moller Minniws. I have a Catalogue showing this. Hope this clears some doubts??
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 9:30pm
You may have misunderstood Peter. Carl was showing me the differences between luremakers. He told me ages ago about selling the lures in Cooktown. I was just pointing out that we collectors need help in identifying and knowledge from different sources is priceless.
Debbie Dare.
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 7:43pm
Hi, Peter Munt here, If Adam O'Connell is out there you appear to be the spokesperson for Attack Lures Nerangba Qld . Adam as you know and have have been advised I have recently returned from working on Caoe York for several years and have taken an interest in Lurelovers and that I am helping every lure collector with regard to lures produced by me and my business partner and very good friend Barry Neat ( you step Grandfather) . I just came across a listing on Luerlovers showing pictures of lures sold under the Attack(Qld) name. Sorry but I was disgusted that you chose, sold or claimed as "Attack Lures " without my knowledge and approval lures under the name of "Long Striker", "Minnow 90, a deep and shallow version. I am totally disgusted as the two minnows are my Moller Minnow shallow and deep. I never never gave any approval for my Moller Minnow to be copied, to a large degree these two models were dedicated to Eric ( with the approval of Eric's Son Ian) Barry never ever approached be and gained approval. You must come forward and explain Attact Lures unauthorised action as detailed.
The truth must prevail.
Peter M

Total
Adz View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:08pm
Seriously? Attack lures QLD ceased trading over 25 years ago,there is nothing to be a spokesperson for. All lures in my possession where made on (your) copy lathe by your business partner and now deceased Barry. You just told me how you supplied patterns and parts and even painted some to be sold under the Attack brand and you are now claiming you never authorised their production. I'm sorry mate but I'm ceasing all interaction with you because you are being a flog.
Adz View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 12:05am
Second to that you know I have no knowledge of the business model or arrangements between all parties involved. You are just insinuating that your best mate and now deceased business partner was a thief
Peter M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:51am
Sorry, you are the one that made the assumption and have now documented that my very good friend and your Step Grandfather, Barry was a thief, shame on you. You were the one, on Lurehuboz that made the statement that Peter Munt had no physical or financial input into Attack Lures.
The reason ( the main reason), as told to me by the creator of this site is that it is a forum to create debate and help interested people/ collectors to identify collectable lures and to establish the correct ownership of lures and full history of their origin, in particular as to the maker. Clearly you are not in a position and and seen to have very little knowledge of the truth with regard to the history of Attack (QLD) Lures. Yes I agree that you should not enter into any further debate, you are putting out ill informed information and certainly putting your "foot into your mouth".
My mission is to put forward the truth and nothing but the truth. Serious collectors will no doubt pass on their valuable collections (yes many with tens of thousands of dollars worth ) when they leave this world . These collections "MUST" be able to correctly identified lures in their collection "Now" and not left as a "Mystery", they deserve this right, they are paying several hundred dollars for some lures. Sorry if the truth upsets you but "The Truth Must Be Put Out There"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic