LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures > Reidys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

found this yesterday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: found this yesterday
    Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 5:41pm
coke is it!
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 5:47pm
Lucky bugger I have been looking for them for ages,,,,,Gary CFSA

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 5:50pm
And there's 2 different patterns, only very slight changes - one has silver bubbles, the other has a black out line around the bubbles with a slight change in bubble pattern. 
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 5:53pm
Am willing to tradeSmile
dalbykayakin View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Smick Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalbykayakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 6:03pm
Jeff used to make a few different lures like this, i have a few little lucifers with different brands and companys logos on them. He gave them to me when i was 14, when my uncle took me to meet Jeff at his factory just outside of Darwin, a few years before he sold the business. I will try and dig them up when i get home
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 6:20pm
These are  3 of my Coke lures. Reidy also made a shallow diver coke lure and I think a medium diver as well.  Can't put my finger on it, but one of these doesn't seem to be a Reidy's.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 6:45pm
With the vast amounts of Coke I have drank I should be given millions of them from Coke,,,never seen them in any promotion but have seen a fair few,,what other promo lure are there,,I have seen Valvoline,,,XXXX as well,,,Gary CFSA

Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 6:49pm
i have lots of xxxx lures, only the one coke, its the shallow one posted here.
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 7:11pm
Davent thats bad as I got none of them either,,,,,you really should wear face protection,,hahahaha,,Gary CFSA
Davent View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 7:13pm
Gary, ill send ya xxxx lure no worries, pm me an address. 
Dont worrie, no need for trade!
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 7:25pm
Mate thank you very much,,I have no chance of getting one from XXXX as I am a tea totellor,,but bloody Coke owe me as I drink that crap like a fish does water,,,,hmmmmmm no wonder I got to 128kgs,,,,I might phone coke,,,Gary CFSA
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 9:10am
Coke aren't very popular around here at the moment. Their lawyers are trying to undo the 10c return levy on the empties. Bastards reckon it's costing them profits, we should all boycott their products, don't drink the crap anyway, that's why I'm only 70kgs. and have been for 40yrs. LOL.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 10:17am
Captain Seaweed I think you are on to something I was drinking coke like water,,went from 75kgs to 128kgs,,,bloody sugar,,,Gary CFSA
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 3:09pm
I had a member contact me regarding these logo lures,,,they sent me some (3) so every good deed should be rewarded,,,shirt coming their way,,,,thanks again Mr Member who I shell not name,,,,Gary CFSA
Pecheur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 9:48pm
Hi there,

I know that this is an old post, but I just found it...

I don't know if this is of any interest for any of you, but here is two pictures of my Reidy's Coke.
And a bit of history about them:

When I was in the process of getting them, I started to talk to Colin, the actual boss of Reidy's lures, in Darwin.
I sent him some correspondence, and he wrote back that he believe that the Coke promo was only for the Northern Territory of Australia, and that 5000 lures only were produced. There were 13 printing plates mades and it would take 10 printing runs which would have been an absolute nightmare and very time consuming.

He also said that even him as the boss of the company did not get one of them.

At the time, I had only one of the lure out of the set of three, but offered him the lure as a present, for the company archives. A bit of corporate memory if you like.
He accepted the lure, but in return gave me plenty of lure in colours that they had stopped making, for my collection. Which was really kind of him, as I had told him that I was giving him the lure for free.
He even gave me a fishing shirt that I still wear sometimes to go fishing, and a lure still in the box, with the address for the factory on the box, still in Queensland!

Anyway, not long after, I found the full set of them, brand new still in the package.
I had them out of the boxes just for the time of making the photos.
Here is what they look like:

I don't know if this was interesting for you.
But for me, who started by collecting mostly advertising fishing lure, that was a really cool set to get hold of.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:32pm
Cool story. And I wonder if karma had a little something to do with the outcome.
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:40pm
I like them and the story that goes with them thanks Pecheur

Cheers Graeme
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:17pm
Regis, you'll have to pop around, have one for you. Printed with two Darwin companies, one on each side.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic