Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Ollies Stingrays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frogs, Mac-ray foils and Mantis shrimp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frogs, Mac-ray foils and Mantis shrimp
    Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 1:24pm
Thought I share this, since it seems like the month for Mantis Shrimp lure(well done to Codestar on your beautiful creation).
Attached some pictures of Frogs, Mantis Shrimp(yes they do swim) and Mac-ray foils(my first attempt at foiling)  all lures are handcarved from white beech, sizes are included.
Hope you enjoy.
Cheers
Ollie
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 1:36pm
great just great,they would look good in my collection
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 1:54pm
MIND BLOWING ollie mate your just got to much time on ya hands ...THERE STUNNERSClapClapClapregards bob
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 2:12pm
wish i could carve as good as you Mr Hartz,ive never seen frog lures like that before they're beautiful mate,i like the mantis shrimp too especially the colors you've used and if that gold mc ray foil doesnt catch fish i dont know what will.ClapBig smile
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 3:03pm
Top stuff ,, the Foils look great ! 
I like pretty painted sticks
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 3:28pm
Very impressive Ollie.I can see myself twisting your arm for some of the foils for PNG.
The Journey is the Reward

Padgey View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Power Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Padgey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 4:29pm
Ollie you can go around glueing plastic things in the mouths of the wild life from your back yard, nice colors and carving, SPOT ON Ollie, cheers Bryan.
HANDCARVED and HANDMADE TIMBER LURES
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 5:17pm
Brilliant love them ... Must learn to do this awesome ....put codestar and yourself in a room to punch out some lures as I couldn't imagine what you guys could come up with ....... Cheers Aaron
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 5:20pm
I want one I need one ... That green frog and a macray foil ... Let me know if you would like to sell one of each .... Cheers Aaron
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 6:03pm
Gee the bar has been raised again,, BUT which one do we vote on???
All beautifully Ollie, I can see you have infinite patience.
Pete
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 6:21pm
Unbelievable mate what else can i say 595966666666
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 6:52pm
classicsClap....those frogs make me smile....great stuff ollie......bloody brilliant.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 7:32pm
The bar has been lifted again. The site brings  together some great ideas, and some excellent workmanship.
Well done Codestar and Edzard, refreshing paint work , and great new  styles and designs.

Regards John
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 8:37pm
Great stuff Ollie, frogs and mantis are beaut and your foiling is top notch. Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 7:39am
Thank you all for your nice comments, really appreciated.

Barry - happy to send some up, just let me know prefered size, shallow,deep and colour.

Bryan - your not going to report me to the RSPCA???

Cheers
Ollie 
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:12am
Fantistic lures Ollie.
What will ou think up next?
The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
wozza View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:49pm
Hi All,
New member and good friend of Ollie and first post.   I was the one that lost one of his mac-rays in Weipa a couple of months ago.   Well done to the finder it was a cracker of a lure before it was smashed ----- by an overhanging branch.
Not only do the lures look brilliant - but they out fished the store lures on that trip.   Hopefully you will see more of his amazing work at the expo
Wozza
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:41pm
OMG, those frogs will probably croak while retrieving them.
As always, TOP NOTCH.
Verlon
Baitman
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 7:12am
Great frogs...awesome. How do they swim?
cheers steiny
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 7:40am
I'll definitely be paying Ollie a visit.
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 7:38pm
Welcome to Lure lovers Wozza, some great people here with lots of knowledge on lures and fishing in general. And some very talented luremakers which I'm looking forward to meeting at the Lure Expo.
Darren(steiny) the 'Frogs' have a small wobble but I have changed the bib to the same as the 'Cic-em' lures as body from the frogs is very wide and larger bib gives it a better action. My next trip to Cod country I'll be giving them a swim.
Ollie 
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 8:22pm
Ollie, will you have some of these beauties at the expo. Just making sure Wink so i don't miss out.
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
mdlures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
MD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdlures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 12:47am
Ollie, sensational mate Artistic

cheers
Mark
MDlures
traditional hand carved fishing lures
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 8:22am
There all excellent ollie...those mantis shrimp look awsome Thumbs Up

Mick!!!
darcymenchin View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Mencho Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcymenchin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 8:39am
Clap  What  more can we say just SENSATIONAL!!!!!!!!!we  have the best lure makers anywhere.
Regards Darcy.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic