LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fysshe Lures ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fysshe Lures ?
    Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 11:34am
Well it looks like Christmas lunch is all sorted!

I was thinking this year my kids can have Fysshe and Chyps! (I crack me up) LOL

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
luxman78 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 4:53pm
Very nice Tony, lucky for you I am on lure buyying restrictions.I will contact Ian and tryn get him to sign up here.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 5:00pm
Gday Matt

Thanks Mate - it was huge fun opening the package up today, it really does feel like Christmas now Big smile

It would be fantastic if Ian could join Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

Brolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 5:17pm
G'day Tony I hate to be the bearer of bad news but some of your servings on that platter are certainly not Fyshee's lures.I spoke to him today(by Phone) and he told me that some joker was copying some of his and he can't understand why anyone would bother with that but he told me several things to look for and the most standout feature of his is the taped up bib prior to painting.so if it looks like the bib was glued in after the paint job it isn't likely one of his.Another standout is he almost exclusively uses white eyes red pupils.Anyway that'll give you something to go by.And as for getting him to join good luck cause he doesn't own modern technology like computers and obviously has no email address.However i can put any one in touch with him if they so desire. Mike.
FISHING JUSTS GETS IN THE WAY OF MY LURE COLLECTING
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 5:48pm
Gday Mike,

Thanks for the heads up, have shot you a PM Thumbs Up

There's a mixture of eyes, and after a quick look some have the tape line and some don't

Worst case scenario is we'll all have some info to help i.d. Fyshees lures, and I'll have a heap of hand carved lures that I reckon look like they'd be worth a fish (always look on the bright side!) Smile
Cheers, Tony

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 9:51am
I've moved this post to the Lure Identification section as the majority of these are not Fyshee's (some look like Cedar Lures by Eddy Watson, and the others are apparently "Daves Lures")

Thanks again to Mike for helping clear this up Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 7:41pm
is Ian still handcarving his lures?
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 6:24pm
SWEET TONY iam diggen the wishbone design marzy makes a wishbone lure also coolClapClapClapClapClapClap
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 6:31pm
The Frogges are amongst my favourites Bob Thumbs Up

Chris - sorry I didn't see your question earlier, I believe Ian is still making them which is great to hear!

Cheers, Tony

oog663 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Oogs Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oog663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 6:43pm
Chris & Tony, Ian is back in full swing, he's now retired at Taylors Beach North QLD. If you Google Fyshee's Lures he now has a web site with all his models.
Cheers Steve
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 6:51pm
Thanks Steve

Here's the Fysshe Lures website for anyone interested in Ian's Lures
http://fysshelures.com/

Cheers, Tony

CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 6:54am
Thanks for that website Tony, Ian's lures are great.
Baitman
basstard View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 5:51pm
How do i get in touch with Ian ,i have had some of his early lures in my box for around 15 years but have lost some and want to replace them.
Mr Viper View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Viper Lures (Still Young)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 6:14pm
He will probably read this post Ian , and your wish may come true .
Fishing ??? Lets do it !!!!!!!!!!
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:16am
After reading a recent post on Facebook, I believe some of these lures were made by Joey Boardman from the old "YellBass" fishing club from the northside of Brisbane.

Fysshe
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 6:41pm
Thank you very much for letting me know Ian, I haven't heard of Joey before. Smile

I will have to dig the box out and have another look through them, the style of the lures in your pic does look similar iirc.
Cheers, Tony

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic