Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures > G Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G Lure Generations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G Lure Generations
    Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 12:01pm
Guys, thought you may be interested in seeing the various changes in these NT barra lures.
Top left is an original popeye mullet imitation from mid 80's, haven't seen any others.
Next is the one I'd been waiting to find, tow eyelet on top of head, found this recently also 80's.
Third is a later diver model from the 90's.
The three on right from top to bottom are latest models, minnow, then Jackatak, then Basstad.
All are timber, getting scarce and no longer made.
Regards, Tony.

"Always Merry and Bright"
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 7:50pm
Tony

nice rundown on the models.

The popeye mullet imatation looks the part.

Cheers

Simon
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 8:16pm
The second on the left is interesting. I like where the tow point is - how did it swim?
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2011 at 10:18am
Have had some of this top tow-eye model in the past, but lost them to fish or snags. This one came up on Ebay near mint and for $8 couldn't miss. It fills out the age collection nicely, these lures all swim well, are aimed at creek barra and do the job. Won't be swimming these anymore, straight into the collection. That first 'popeye mullet' might be rare, never seen any others, be interested to hear from any members who have one. It caught me heaps in the 80's, now retired.
Regards, Tony.
SteveB View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 7:15pm
Hello Tony, I have one of the middle left with the tow eye on top. Bought it in Darwin around 1988. It has had some work though and doesn't look so pristine as your one. Nice collection mate
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 8:49am
G'day SteveB, same name as my oldest son. Look on Ebay, at present there are two in a purple/pink finish, they look unused, could probably pick them up fairly cheap, these look to be late 80's models.
Tony.
redfish11 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 9:36pm
Tony,could you please post a pic of the brown hi-tow point lure against a ruler?
I can't gauge what size these lures are.
      Allan

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 10:54am
Allan, can't do at the moment mate, these are all still at the N.T. Museum in their 'Gone Fishin' display, on loan until mid-Sept. But, from memory they are all around 9cm, ideal size for the target fish in Darwin harbour creeks.
Just recently another of that very early 'popeye' mullet shape surfaced, can't remember in what post. Only other one I've seen. However, Gavin Dally, museum curator,(Topender on LL) showed me another longer one recently, first one of that length I'd seen, so they're out there.
Regards, Seaweed.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by redfish11 redfish11 wrote:

Tony,could you please post a pic of the brown hi-tow point lure against a ruler?
I can't gauge what size these lures are.
      Allan

90 mm
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic