LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Messing around in Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garmin Striker 7 SV - Opinions from Users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garmin Striker 7 SV - Opinions from Users
    Posted: 03 May 2017 at 4:27pm
Hi, I am renovating a tinne (nearly finished) and looking at sounder options as it currently has a B & W Humminbird. In my other boat I have a Humminbird 898 so I am familiar with using side imaging etc. I don't want to over capitalise even more on it with another Bird, Simrad etc and note that Garmin do a Striker 7 SV for a bit over $ 700.00. I know they have limited mapping which suits me just fine just more interested in the sounder side of it from people that have used one. The simulator looks good it the shops but how do they really work on the water is the important thing.
Thanks
Col 
Plastic is for storing lures, not making them.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 7:49pm
i just bought a Striker 5 cv - supposed to be trying it out tomorrow - so far it seems easy to use & a good screen 
cheers bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
gimme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 8:46pm
Good luck tomorrow Bazz. Can you let me know,how you go with it.
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:27am
will do mate - i bought mine from bcf - they price matched the best price  i found from johnny appleseed & i didnt have to travel to rocklea
cheers
 bazz
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:35pm
col - didnt get out - bad windy weather but played with sounder - found it easy to customise & move between screens - crisp clear images - looks the goods for me 
comes with easy start guide but you can download a more detailed 16 page user manual at :

it covers the 4 - 5 - 7 series
cheers
bazz
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 7:11pm
Hey mate. I have a striker 7sv in the tinnie, find it very easy to use and beautiful picture quality.
Haven't used the side view much as there's not a great deal to see in the dam out here. im sure it would be handy in the river, but am yet to try.
For the price i think it is a great unit and im very happy with it.

Cheers, Blake
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 9:52pm
Hay Blake is the mounting bracket standard with the sounder

codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:34pm
The unit comes with a mounting bracket, but the swing arm is a ram mount, i just put the original bracket on top of it. payed around $100 for it and it works best for how i wanted the garmin placed in my boat.

Cheers, Blake
gimme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:01am
Hi, Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. Looks like I might be doing some shopping this week.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic