LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Lucinda
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lucinda Lures - Metals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moorefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucinda Lures - Metals
    Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 1:08pm
Hi,

Have had these lures for many a year now but never got around to using them. I am fairly sure that they are lucinda lures, chrome tube, lead filled and with a distinctive wire trace that came pre-rigged with the lures.

Anyone remember them or come across them before ?.

John 
lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 8:47am
G'day John,

They are a couple of my jigs which were used successfully in the deep water out on the Lucinda sugar loader and other places. They have a spiral/flutter action as they free fall to the bottom. Then a fast jerky retrieve was used. Produced many a good fish on the way down as well as on the retrieve; fingermark, cod etc near the bottom & various pelagics mid to surface were common on occasion.

These lures went out of production some ten years ago when I could no longer take the lead fumes or had the necessary energy required following a few heart attacks. As far as I can remember there were only a couple of hundred ever made.

Thanks heaps for putting them up John - they bring back fond memories.

Cheers Lou,

Just bung ' em in the water mate & hang on !!
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 9:26am
A couple I have heard of but never seen, thanks for the pics john, love your work LouThumbs Up, regards Chris 
moorefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moorefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 4:14pm
Thanks for the confirmation Lou, I think I'm pretty sure that I got these from the Cotters Markets in Townsville many years ago. I thought after all this time I would give these a go on the local Mack population (nothing else has been working for me this year) but given that not too many were made might have to shelve that idea now.
Some good history there , thank you.
John
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 12:14am
I haven't seen these before. Well done John! Are there any markings on them ?
cheers steiny
moorefish View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moorefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 5:24pm
Hi,
No markings on these lures at all, really distinctive style and they would have to have a pretty vigorous action with that bend in the tail and heavy lead weighted section. I will be posting these up for sale soon. I hope someone will want them because I'm really tempted to try one, not sure about that heavy metal trace though - looks to be at least 80pound staybrite.

John

lungi View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lucinda Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lungi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 6:31pm
G'day John,

The "trace" is actually part of the  lures design in order to keep the hook away from the fishing line on it's way down in free fall.

I made this from 1.2mm stainless mig wire  & attached it in such a way as to keep the line about six inches to the side of the lure. Without this rigid  wire there was a good chance of the lure's tail with the hook tangling with the line. Naturally, with the front half of the lure filled with lead, it dives head first leaving the hook and line trailing behind.

Mate, if you are game enough to try it out, make sure you use a strong line with a good swivel. 
Cheers Lou,

Just bung ' em in the water mate & hang on !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic