Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Flicks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some different Flicks Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some different Flicks Lures
    Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 1:59pm
Here's a few Flicks Lures I just picked up.

The big one and the fatter popper I have never seen before. The big one also has the hooks attached direct to the hangers without split rings. All three are signed.

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:49pm
ARE these made by the same bloke that does the FLICKS COBRA???????????????Big smileBig smile
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 8:06pm
Nice lures Tony I like the poppersWinkWinkWink Regards Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:25pm
Gday Bob,

That's the one, same maker as the Cobra Thumbs Up

Thanks Pete, I like them too.

Cheers, Tony

manny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 1:06pm
Hi, I have just joined the Lure lvers family and have seen and read about the Flick Cobra as a great lure for Bass and Cod. I have read some articles by Neil Schultz who uses them. Are they still made and if so where can I guy some ? I have asked some shop in Brisbane and they dont sell them here. All help would be appreciated. Manny
Manny
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 1:14pm
Tony what length is the big one please.
The Journey is the Reward

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:49pm
Manny,
Try the tackle shops Charl&$@ at Redbank and Fish '#' %&*'s Toowoomba. You may only be able to get the moulded ones now, but the occaisional timber one pops up on 'that' auction site Big smile

Darbs
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 7:31pm
Barry  - The big'un is approx. 130mm body & 160mm including bib.

G'day Manny, I hope you find the site usefull Smile

Darby - Great info thanks. Most of my timber Flicks came from ebay, although i have picked up a few in old tackle boxes I have bought as well.
Cheers, Tony

manny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 10:43am
Thanks for the info. As you can appreciate most of this info is all new to me.I have been buying lures for a long time and have some very useful old timber lures. I'm just discovering what the really are and wished I hadnt given so many away. Thanks again. I'll try those Tackle shops. Regards Manny
Manny
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 2:42pm
if you have trouble getting a cobra you could try one of these  ,i'm pretty sure Smak are still making
them,they are very similar and have a similar action too
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 5:57pm
Tony, I just noticed the smaller popper has Flicks Lures written on it, but no model name.
If it measures 65mm overall including eyes, it is a "Gofer". Mine has Flicks Gofers in that wonderful fine script he used...need 3X magnifiers to see it Confused Mine is also the same pattern but all fluro red/orangey with a black back.

Cheers Darbs

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 7:58pm
Gday Darby

Thanks  Thumbs Up

The popper in my first pic is 80mm total length, although I did recently pick up a "Gofer" along with another model Big smile

Here's a pic of the "Gofers" alongside the slightly larger popper, and the currently un-named minnow (Minnow has "Flicks Lures" under bib)

Cheers, Tony

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 8:11pm
Lovely Tony Clap
I should try to contact Flick, haven't seen him for about 4 years, be good to see if he has any 'specials' hanging around LOL

Here's my crop

and a close up of the Gofer chin

Cheers Darbs

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 8:27pm
Some lovely ones there yourself Darby Clap

What's the big fella on the RHS?

Cheers, Tony

Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 8:34pm
Tony it's the original Cobra 20ft+ that is equally as old as the Gofer...that lure has dragged some Bass out of Boondooma, Bjelke, Somerset and Moogerah dams.I put it into retirement 3 years agoBig smile

The blue ones are a 15 and 10ft with new eyes and a keyring that was done for one of the local shops in Kingaroy.

Darbs
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 5:30pm
I dig these lures had alot of em over the years now there gettin real hard to find great lure the cobra...ClapClapClapClapBig smileBig smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic