LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lure Making Articles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

super glue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: super glue
    Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 4:22pm
if you want to fill some holes in wood or plastic i use super glue and baking powder it sets ultra strong , just put some super glue in the hole and sprinkle with baking powder, the bib on this lure was glued with araldite and filled with super glue and baking powder very strong bond its also great to seal plastic lures and bibs that have been punctured or broken , pearcey
Poolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 4:52pm
I find that quite interesting Dave, I use araldite clear because it's thicker and sets quicker than the 24hr araldite and sometimes liquid nails, Poolie.
Small Scale Lure Creations; Lure making on hold ATM.
Poolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Poolie Poolie wrote:

I find that quite interesting Dave, for filling holes I use araldite clear because it's thicker and sets quicker than the 24hr araldite and sometimes liquid nails, Poolie.

Small Scale Lure Creations; Lure making on hold ATM.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 5:39pm
The only hassle I have had is the super glue sometimes leaves a cloudy finish on the Polycarb, wouldn't matter if you paint the bib, in fact probably a good etch primer, but if the bib is to remain clear then the cloudy bit looks blahhhh.
I tend to use araldite and mix in some wood sanding dust kept aside for that job. I have a little pill bottle that I use to keep the dust clean, just top it up after a sanding session on the linisher.

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 1:53pm
pearcey, dont just stop there with the super glue, you can use it for virtually every component of a lure build bar the topcoat. The main issue I have come across is as Brad said, it can make things go milky.

I hate using epoxy so have gone over to superglue almost exclusively on my lures. No issues thus far.

Angus
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 2:34pm
hello angus its very versatile glue mate and also a lot cheaper 8 tubes for 2 dollars works well with painted bibs as brad said it will make an uncovered bib go milky you can cover the bib with low tack delicate tape perflex from bunnings this will stop the super glue from staining the bib of course make sure the area that is glued is free of tape, pearcey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic