LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > The Pool Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chewed Lures Section??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 4:31pm
Thought I would contribute to this great tread aswel
Last year Martin (hororhead) send me Pict. off one of my Banana Lures, that been "in the sawmil" off a 1,5m Barracuda. The hardware hold up, but the lure toke some damagé Big smile

Knaek & Break
             Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:51pm
Some runs on the board with those lures Ian. 
Thanks for sharing. 
Dan
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 4:46am
That lure took a beating Per. Before the barracuda grabbed hold of it, it caught me a lot of fish.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 4:50pm
Thought I would add some more lures to this section. You will notice a lot of broken bibs and some severe damage around the heads of lures. The 3 lures on the right, all had pinned bibs and the bibs were broken.

I might have to take out that Fuglies Martin's Minnow for some more "tooth work" though.

Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 4:57pm
Thought I would show more photos of the damage to the head area of that old style Ganesy Lure.

Martin-

Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 7:41pm
That's fantastic! Thanks for showing.
My favourite is the big pink one with the bib bent upwards. One side looks fine, the other looks like it was attacked with an axe.

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Chep Buxley Chep Buxley wrote:

That's fantastic! Thanks for showing.
My favourite is the big pink one with the bib bent upwards. One side looks fine, the other looks like it was attacked with an axe.

That's a Beardy lure made by Daniel Beard. I think a shark had a go at that one. First of all I thought a barracuda may have done the dmage, but checking that against the yellow with black striped First Strike lure which was attacked by a "cuda", the damage is not the same.

Like you said, it looks like an axe attacked it so the shark would have needed broad teeth to cleaver the timber off. The only shark up here with teeth like  that is a tiger shark and a big one.
Martin-

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 10:31pm
love what you do to lures Martin.All of these look like lures shouldClapThumbs Up.Methinks i better make some more Martys!
that's no how ye make porridge!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic