LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > The Art of Fly Tying
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fox Tail (winter length)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fox Tail (winter length)
    Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 10:33am
Anybody able to locate a decent winter fox tail.
Will trade for some deer fur if available.

regards John
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 8:26pm
John I have an Artic Fox tail in very good condition only trouble is it is pure white.
The Journey is the Reward

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 7:41am
Barry that is an interesting item. Too good to cut up, and a bit warm for a neck warmer for your area.
Might come in handy when you venture down South

regards John
MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 8:32pm
Arctic fox is the best and much longer and finer than any fox tail you will get your hands on. I may have a full fox tail hanging around somewhere if I can find it. Also you will find Mink is excellent too if you can find it

MXB
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 9:11pm
John next time I come down to that cold ,cold place called Brisbane I may bring it.
How about some Polar Bear Fur,Wolverine and Qiveut.
What would be your pick from them Roger?

MXB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 9:31pm
Polar bear fur is hard to get nowadays . . . don't know anything about Qiveut and never used wolverine??
I'd pick the lot!!

MXB
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 11:51am
I have a few tails, but no idea what they are, might post some pics to identify.
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 6:18pm
Qiveut is recognised as the Lightest,warmest and most expensive readily available fur on Earth.
Wolverine and Polar Bear are in the catergory of very few furs in that they rarely freeze.

Big-Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 6:47pm
Screamingreel,
have you been able to locate a fox skin/tail if not send me a PM with your address I have one that died of natural causes, bullets cause them to die, naturally. It is a winter fox from Cowra NSW.

Big-Pete
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 12:10pm
Thanks Big-Pete Pm Sent
Regards John
PatB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 4:19pm
Captain Cranky if you still have that Arctic fox tail available and want to part with it I'd take it off you hands. Geez how'd you get you hands on some polar bear hair as well that'll be rare as hen's teeth bar in an Inuit's bed. If you are keen on the fox PM me and we could work something out. Cheers Pat.
Fool to the bream
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic