LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > D.I.Y Moulded Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Couple New masters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple New masters
    Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 5:18pm
After what seems like forever getting these together, the new masters are finally ready for a mould. Tried to keep things nice and simple. Larger lure is 75mm and carved from Jelutong and then sealed with super glue before smoothing. Smaller lure is 55mm and shaped from PU. These will be MKIII models.

Angus
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 5:27pm
bibless?! oh yeh.
great design work on the timber one angus....you certainly go that little bit further each time....great work mate.....that little fatter shape grabs me....very nice
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Jeff View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 5:56pm
You have really paid attention to the detail mate ,, well done .

I like pretty painted sticks
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:23pm
thanks guys,

Jas, that little one should look familiar to you,that is the shape you asked me to make previously, I really liked it. Only difference on this one is the front toe point is raised slightly to tighten the wobble. Not too tight but I found that it allows the lure to twitch a bit better if required. Next in line is to make two or so more of that shape with the toe point in various positions to vary the wobble. Got to start somewhere though. As for bibless, well that will come at some stage.

Thanks again,

Angus
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:29pm
theres a lot of work goes into those blanks and it shows in yours Angus.these are going to be classicsThumbs Up
Tincan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tincan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:49pm
Gee they look good Angus, post them up when you finish the paint job. Thumbs Up

Tincan
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
nutter View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member

Nutterjuck Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 7:38pm
Very very nice, the more I think the more I'm thinking of playing with moulding some shapes. 

Great work
Nutterjuck Lures
Simple, done well

Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 7:48pm
yep great shape angus, seen that straight away, actually used yours this arvo but was only a quick look, no fish today.
that shape as is.... weighted lightly as a biblessThumbs Up ya gotta do it...    and a   popper too....when your looking for something to do.
they will be nice painted mate.
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 8:51pm
Thanks again guys,

Chris, about 4-5hrs per master is what it takes me. Those are not flat sides and with the face details plus my slow carving skills it takes some time.

Scott, like all things takes some time to sort but I am really enjoying it. Only bug bear I have is getting the high buoyancy, I think I might have to try foam for that but foams are tricky as I understand it.

Looking forward to slinging some paint about.

Angus
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 8:55pm
Angus-Been away for a few days, gee these look like winners, beautiful work mate, impeccable detail and should cast up great.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Mcleod View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Macquarie Customs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mcleod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 11:51am
hey pete, thanks. Have cast a few and detail comes up better than I expected.

Angus
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic