Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fysshe Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The big and the small....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The big and the small....
    Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 11:54am
Just finishing a batch of freshwater lures and noticed I had my biggest models along with the smallest. The Glen Lyon cod lure is 130mm long while the little Ebor model is 50mm. The bigger lures are a lot easier to make but I could probably make about 20 of the smaller ones from the same piece of timber! LOL
Fysshe
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 1:31pm
do you sell your cod lures ian? ....mick
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 2:03pm
Haven't made any for over ten years but might put them back on the website again. Saw one on Ebay last month so I got out the templates and made a couple. That,s the only two I have at the moment but can make more if you want some.
Fysshe
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 2:21pm
where is taylors beach ian?....mick
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 2:45pm
In Gods country Mick! At the bottom end of the Hinchinbrook channel. Wink
Fysshe
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 3:04pm
Nice cod lure Ian!
cheers steiny
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 3:51pm
nice work ian....good cod shape.
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 4:07pm
That little white one will get smashed by a bass for sure!
Nice lures mate
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 5:48pm
Sooties would love that little red one.  Nice lures.  It's hard to go past the contrast of yellow/black and red/black.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 6:07pm
One of my favourite sooty colours! The silver/white one a hit with the junglys!
Fysshe
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 6:02am
Great looking lures there Ian...Nice colours Thumbs Up....i love making the lil lures i make,there good fun...

Mick!!!
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 6:15am
Ian I 'm now kicking myself over the fact that I didn't bid for that lure on ebay when I saw it. Sorry I didn't recognise your work. Debbie D
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 8:55am
Yeah Deb, I got a real surprise when I saw it! Can't actually remember making it (not that surprising) as it had a small bib by request and would've been a one off! Sale was from Victoria and a few of my lures went to Lake Eildon. And happy birthday again! I think we got the right day !! Smile
Fysshe
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2013 at 10:03am
VERY nice indeedy IAN stud colour patterns  very niceClapClapClapClapClapClapregards bob
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 8:26am
Ian an awful lot of deep diving frogs were sold out here in the 90s. The cod fishermen went mad on them. Debbie D
PS    13 is my lucky number. Born on the 13th.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 9:24am
Yes Deb they were popular out there, especially after Dave Hislop got that 44 pounder on one! Not just for Cod as I got my PB Silver Perch on a green one at The Caves early one morning, a 3kg hooter! The small frogges were good on the yellas too and this pic is down the bottom end of the dam and I still have that lure as it was the original prototype! Wink
Fysshe
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 9:54pm
My young fella loved going out to Glen Lyon for the school holidays. Night trolling the Caves was always special! Just a few of his captures! The big Yella went 4.5kg taken on a black/white Horseys lure casting! The Dart was found the year before with no paint on it and I'd repainted it as close as I could to original...
Fysshe
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 6:30pm
I received a present today from Les Kadaitcha. An orange and white Glenlyon H D  cod lure as he had 2.
I'm a lucky girl.   Debbie D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic